There is a dedicated laundry room in each residence hall. No longer requiring quarters or ECCash, all washers and dryers are now "Freeplay" and are activated exclusively with "Laundry Credits." Campus Services applies a Laundry Credit plan automatically to all residential student accounts. Simply follow the instructions on this page to activate a wash or dry cycle.
How to Operate the Machines
- Load clothes into an available washer or dryer and note the machine ID number
- Swipe your Emerson ID Card as indicated on the right-hand side of the laundry controller
- Using the keypad on the laundry controller, enter the ID number of the machine you wish to activate and press “enter” (*) to confirm selection
- When prompted, press “enter” (*) a second time to activate the machine or press “clear” to cancel
- Pressing “enter” the second time will send an activation pulse from the laundry controller to the machine selected
- Once the pulse has been sent to the washer or dryer you may select your desired setting and start the wash or dry cycle
If you encounter any problems or are unable to activate a machine by card, please contact the Business Services office at business_services [at] emerson.edu, and we will assist with resolving the technical issue that may be preventing you from doing your laundry.
The Energy Star® rated, high-efficiency machines installed on campus clean effectively, help save time, and are gentle on your clothes and the environment. High-efficiency, front-loading machines hold more clothes and use less water than conventional laundry equipment, saving you time and energy. For best results, use only two (2) tablespoons of concentrated HE detergent; it's specially formulated for high-efficiency machines.
Do you have a stubborn stain, need a refresher, or a complete laundry education? Check out The Campus Clothes Line™, a new interactive resource for all things laundry including: laundry instructions & advice, stain tips, videos, prizes, and more.
LaundryView allows you to check the status of machines in your laundry room online without ever setting foot outside your dorm room. And the LaundryView® Text Alerts feature lets you ask the machine for a text message when your cycle is complete. Together they make doing laundry a breeze.
If a machine isn't working properly, log on to LaundryLinx, and select the problem from a few simple drop-down menus. This, in conjunction with CSC Service Works’ auto-dispatch technology, provides a direct link to your campus service technician so the problem can be addressed quickly. Or, if you would rather speak to someone, call 1-844-272-9675 for friendly customer service from one of their specially trained customer care representatives.