Due to a temporary suspension of in-person services due to COVID-19, the Registrar's Office is currently unable to process hard copy transcript requests at this time. You can still order electronic/PDF official transcripts (see steps below).
Marlboro students: if you have a request for an official transcript, please email registrar [at] emerson.edu.
Emerson uses a third-party, Credentials Solutions (credentials-inc.com) for transcript orders. If you prefer, you may call Credentials Solutions at 1-847-716-3005 to place an order for an additional $15 fee. Transcripts are $4 per copy. See Pricing and Payment on the order form for FedEx pricing.
- You must provide either your Emerson ID Number1 or Social Security Number to place an order. Alumni can recover their Emerson ID Number using a request form1.
- After placing your order, Credentials will send you emails regarding your order status. You can also check the status of your order at any time.
- Once your order has been authorized and approved, please allow 3-5 business days for paper hard-copy transcripts and 20–30 minutes for electronic/PDF transcripts1 to be received.
1Not available for students who attended before 1982.
Current students may view their unofficial transcript in eCommon (Student Services > Registration Tools). Unofficial transcripts contain the same information as official transcripts but are not accepted by academic institutions. Unofficial transcripts are not available to alumni.
Downloadable Enrollment Verifications
Downloadable enrollment verifications may be obtained from eCommon (Student Services > Registration Tools) once classes are in session. They certify whether you are enrolled full-time, half-time, or less than half-time for either the current semester or for all of the semesters that you have attended.
Before a semester starts, students can request pre-registration verifications on College letterhead by sending a written request to registrar [at] emerson.edu. These letters do not verify enrollment and can only indicate intention to be enrolled in the upcoming semester. However, many students find these letters useful for non-academic purposes (e.g. student auto loan discounts).
If the downloadable enrollment verification in eCommon does not suffice, please email registrar [at] emerson.edu and let us know what additional information is required (date of birth, address, or other academic information). We can provide a custom verification letter on College letterhead.
Third-party enrollment verification forms, which require the school seal, must be submitted directly to the Registrar’s Office for processing. Please include the intended recipient or if your documents should be held for pick-up.
Apostille requests are completed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The process can take up to four weeks from the date we receive all necessary materials.
An apostille is a government certification for documents needed outside of the United States. They are used to certify diplomas, transcripts, or other parts of your student record. To request an apostille, please fill out our request form and include:
- A self-addressed, stamped envelope that can hold all documents. Emerson diplomas are 11”x14” (27.94 x 35.56 cm).
- An international money order or a personal check drawn from a U.S. bank made payable to The Commonwealth of Massachusetts in the amount of $6.00 per document to be certified.
- The document(s) to be certified (e.g. your diploma). If you are certifying a transcript, please place a separate transcript order and email registrar [at] emerson.edu to notify us that it’s for an apostille.