Summer 2021 Registration
See our Academic Calendars for a complete list of dates.
- March 3: Summer 2021 class listings published
- March 8: Summer registration opens at 9:00 a.m. EDT (excludes Speech@Emerson)
- March 16: Speech@Emerson Summer registration opens at 1:00 p.m. EDT for continuing students.
- March 30: Speech@Emerson Summer registration opens at 1:00 p.m. EDT for new students.
- April 9: Last day to join a summer waitlist
- April 12: Waitlisting closed, all remaining students removed from waitlists
All Emerson employees and spouses of employees enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student must first submit a Tuition Remission Form to Human Resources to participate in the Summer registration.
Drop Dates & Refund Policy
Speech@Emerson students have a normal week of add/drop, similar to the fall and spring. The last day to add or drop Summer 2021 Speech@Emerson classes is May 16.
All other students may drop a summer class before it has met for the first time. If your class has not met yet but it's too late to drop it online, please contact us.
- May 3: Last day to add or drop a May Intersession course online
- May 16: Last day to add or drop a full summer or summer 1 course online
- July 5: Last day to add or drop a summer 2 course online
100% tuition refunds are available up until a course starts. You may drop a course online up until the day before the semester starts. After the start of the semester, online registration will be closed and all registration changes must be done through the Registrar's Office.
- Courses may be dropped online for a full refund prior to the first day of class. If the summer session has started but your course has not met yet, you may drop the course by coming to the Registrar's Office or emailing registrar [at] emerson.edu from your Emerson email.
- If a course has already met once, you are eligible for a 75% tuition refund.
- If a course has already met twice, you are eligible for a 50% tuition refund.
- If a course has already met three times you must withdraw.
- Online courses with no set schedule are assumed to follow a Tuesday/Thursday 6:00 p.m. schedule for refund policy purposes.
Undergraduate students may register for up to 16 credits over the entire summer term. Students wishing to register for more than 16 credits must petition to academicappeals [at] emerson.edu.
Graduate students may register for up to 12 credits over the entire summer term, including May Intersession. Students wishing to register for more than 12 credits must petition the Office of Graduate Studies.
Full payment is due on April 15. Students with outstanding balances will be automatically dropped from their courses. If you add a course on or after April 15 your additional tuition balance must be paid by 11:59 p.m. (ET) of the same day or you will be automatically dropped.