Skip to Main Content
- Required 3.3 (B+) minimum cumulative GPA (in all courses, collectively)
- Required 3.0 (B) minimum GPA in Honors Seminars
- Any student whose GPA levels fall below these minimum requirements will be placed on probation in the Honors Program.
- Any student placed on probation for fall semester grades will have until the end of the academic year to raise GPA levels to the required minimum; any student placed on probation for spring semester grades will have until the end of the coming academic year to raise GPA levels to the required minimum. If the minimum GPA levels are achieved within the designated time-frame, the student will then be removed from probation. If a student falls below the 3.3 GPA requirement a second time he/she will be removed from the program.
- Any student with an overall GPA of 2.0 or lower in either Honors seminars or in all courses collectively at the end of their first year will be automatically suspended from the program without a probationary period.
- Any student placed on probation who does not achieve the minimum GPA levels within the designated time-frame will be suspended from the Honors Program.
- Any student who maintains the required minimum GPA levels, but who receives a grade of C+ or lower in any course or falls too near the required minimums, will receive a warning letter that advises the student to raise the level of academic performance or risk being placed on probation in the Honors Program.
- Students in the Honors Program must fulfill all curricular and Honors Program requirements, including the Senior Thesis, in order to graduate. Students may not voluntarily withdraw from the Honors Program after they have completed 80 credits.
- If a student decides to take a Leave of Absence at any point during his/her time in the Honors Program, the LOA must be related to an academic purpose and approved in writing by the Director of the Honors Program in advance, in order for the Trustees Scholarship to be reinstated upon the student's return to the College.