We are asking all students to self-quarantine at home for fourteen (14) days before they first arrive on campus. (“At home” here refers to wherever students will be for the two weeks before move-in or, for off-campus students,— the first time they will physically be on campus.)
Quarantining at home means:
- Limiting travel outside of home except for required doctor's visits, appointments, etc.
- Wearing a face cover when outside the home
- Maintaining at least six (6) feet of physical distance from others when outside the home
- Refraining from large gatherings and crowds
- Practicing good hand hygiene (washing hands thoroughly with soap for at least 20 seconds and using hand sanitizers when soap is not available)
- Beginning to check your daily symptoms online
Students will need to attest to Tufts Medical Center staff during the baseline COVID-19 test that they have completed a 14-day quarantine immediately preceding their arrival at Emerson.
Participation in Testing, Symptom Screening, & Contact Tracing
Students returning to campus must participate in our COVID-19 testing program, starting with a baseline COVID-19 PCR self-swab test prior to moving in or starting classes.
- Students living on campus will have a baseline test on the day of their move-in prior to moving into their residence hall. A test time will be assigned that precedes the move-in time. Students will be expected to self-quarantine on campus after move-in until their individual test results are available. This will require students to remain in their room except for use of the restroom. Test results may take up to 24-48 hours. Basic meals will be provided by the College during this time.
- Students living off-campus will be contacted shortly by Off-Campus Student Services to review their plans for arrival in Boston in preparation for planning their baseline test at Tufts Medical Center. The test must be completed within seven (7) days prior to the start of in-person classes on September 2. Off-campus students who have not completed their baseline test will not be able to access campus buildings.
In addition to baseline testing, students returning to campus must:
- Complete the symptom monitoring app each day —before leaving their residence hall room/suite, or, for off-campus students, arriving on campus.
- Conduct a weekly self-swab test through the end of the academic year or until notified otherwise by the College.
- Wear a face cover at all times during Emerson activities and in Emerson spaces except the student’s own residence hall room/suite and follow the guidelines for appropriate use and care of face covers.
- Maintain social distancing and engage in appropriate hand hygiene.