To help limit the spread of COVID-19, Emerson College is altering our guest and visitor policies effective immediately. These policies are for all community members, including those members who live in residence halls, employees, faculty and staff, and students residing off campus.
A guest is defined as any individual who is present in a campus residence hall room or suite at the invitation of a resident student of the room or suite. This definition includes Emerson students, family, and friends. A visitor is an individual(s) invited by faculty, students (including student organizations), or staff members to visit or engage in community events and activities on campus. This includes outside performers, speakers, etc.
The College is prohibiting guests and visitors until further notice. This applies to individuals and organizations, including, for example, athletic events, student organization events, and events within residence halls.
We will continue to monitor the situation as well as public health and government guidance and regulation. We will update community members on any changes to this policy. The College may discipline individuals or organizations that fail to comply with this policy.
Students residing in our residence halls will not be able to visit their peers who are also residing in other on-campus housing, including third party locations (i.e., hotels.) Students will not be able to sign in any guests or visitors at this time. Students living in the same location need to follow social distancing guidelines while visiting with each other. We will continue to monitor state and local guidance and update on-campus residents of any changes to this part of the policy.
Students will be allowed to have one individual help them move their belongings into their residences. Anyone entering Emerson facilities is required to wear a face cover at all times.
- Anyone entering Emerson facilities is required to wear a face cover at all times.
- Students are to bring only one (1) individual to enter the residential building with them on their move-in date and time.
- The individual will need to be registered prior to a student’s move-in date.
- That individual will be permitted in the residential area for a maximum of two hours, beginning at the start of the student’s move-in time. (e.g., if a student has a move-in time of 2:20 pm, the assisting individual is permitted to assist from 2:20 pm until 4:20 pm.)
- The one approved person cannot give their pass to anyone else. If students and assisting individuals do not comply with this policy, they may be asked to leave the building immediately and the ability to move onto campus may be impacted.
Students must read, review, and electronically sign their new housing agreement in the housing portal before they can view the room assignment and move-in information. All students must arrive on campus during their assigned time.