ELA is approximately 25 miles from the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), and approximately 10 miles from the Burbank/Bob Hope (BUR) Airport.
- View driving directions from LAX on Google Maps
- View public transport (Metro) directions from LAX on Google Maps
- View driving directions from Bob Hope Airport on Google Maps
- View public transport (Metro) directions from Bob Hope Airport on Google Maps
If you need shuttle transportation from the airport to Emerson Los Angeles, you must make reservations at least one day in advance. For shuttle service from LAX, the shared cost is $30, and a private is $80. A taxi from LAX to ELA will cost about $60. For shuttle service from BUR: shared cost is $25, and private is $75. A taxi from BUR to ELA averages $35–$45.
Metro is LA County’s transportation system. For running quick errands from downtown 27 neighborhoods across the city of Los Angeles, including the Hollywood community, there is a DASH/EXPRESS bus stop close to ELA. Please view the DASH website for more information on fares, schedules and routes.
Car Rental Information
ENTERPRISE RENT-A-CAR DISCOUNTED RATES FOR ELA STUDENTS:
Your discount code is CD3472 and you can use this number when making reservations to receive discounted rates at home city locations anywhere in Southern California.
Reservations: You may call the Hollywood branch on 1770 Ivar Ave directly at 323-467-2277 give the representative discount code: CD3472.
By renting at the Hollywood brach at 110 Ivar Ave, you can save approximately 25% by avoiding the airport taxes and surcharges. For pickup service from ELA Center please call 323-467-2277.
Payment: Credit Cards Accepted: MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover
Enterprise Rent-A-Car Hollywood Branch Information:
1770 Ivar Ave
Hollywood, CA 90028-5106
Note: When placing orders, please identify yourself as an Emerson College Los Angeles student or parent and that you'd like to use the student discount code CD3427. The information contained herein is confidential and proprietary and is not to be shared with any third party.
Parking will be provided for Emerson students in ELA’s underground parking garage. The cost will be $520 for spring and fall semesters and $350 for summer semester students (roughly $5 a day). This cost will be added onto the semester bill. Students can opt-out of the parking plan by emailing EmersonLA [at] emerson.edu, but those who opt out of the parking plan will need to utilize a local parking garage, because no parking is permitted on neighborhood streets for ELA students, faculty, and staff.
Students who buy the parking plan will be given a parking pass/transponder and access to their assigned parking space after completing the check-in process during arrival days. The garage height clearance is 6'8" at its lowest point. Please pack and choose your vehicle with care.
There is very limited visitor parking available on the ground floor. Parking is not permitted on neighborhood streets; however, there are local metered and pay parking lots in the area, so your guests should plan ahead.
Auto Insurance Requirement
The State of California requires all drivers to carry liability insurance. If you are going to drive your vehicle to California, take note of the regulations involved in maintaining adequate car insurance.
Please visit the CA Department of Motor Vehicles for details and monetary limits.
- U.S. Citizens: U.S. citizens who currently have auto insurance should bring the insurance card issued by the auto insurance company to show proof of coverage.
- Foreign Students: Foreign students will have to buy the car insurance offered by the rental car agency in order to fulfill the State of California mandatory auto liability insurance requirement.
- If you don’t have auto insurance: Check with your parents to see if their homeowner’s policy or a credit card can cover the auto insurance requirement. Another option to consider is for your parent/guardian to rent a vehicle for the term, and for you to bring the family automobile to Los Angeles. It will be less expensive for your parents to rent a vehicle, and their car insurance may cover this.