The Emerson Los Angeles online application for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 is available as of September 1, 2020! The application deadline is midnight December 15, 2020. Applicants should receive notification of their acceptance status within one month of the application deadline. [Please note: Applicants must have a minimum of 48 credits completed to apply.]
- Seniors will be given preference over juniors and sophomores, regardless of major or GPA.
- Qualifications: The Los Angeles Program is open to juniors, seniors, and graduate students in good social standing. Students must have a minimum of 40 credits completed to be eligible to apply. We strongly recommend, however, that undergraduate applicants apply in the fall of their junior year for admission during their senior year. The minimum cumulative grade point average requirement is 2.7.
- Evaluation Criteria: The ELA application is a merit based application system. An applicant's GPA and class standing will be taken into consideration, along with the online recommendation given by 2-3 Emerson professors of the student's choosing. The essay is also a factor.
- Selection Committee: A committee of stakeholders from both the Boston and Los Angeles campuses will review each application.
- Essay: Each applicant should take the time to compose a thoughtful, well-written answer to the essay question(s). There should be no grammar or spelling errors. Students will be evaluated on the quality of thought and expression demonstrated in answering each question.
- Recommendations: 2-3 Emerson College professors, chosen by the applicant, will answer a series of questions pertaining to the student on an online recommendation form.
- Term: Applicants may apply for one term only: Applying for multiple terms is not an option. Make certain you apply for the correct term, as changing terms at a later date will move your application to the bottom of the waitlist for that term.
- Decisions will be made in early January.
- Program Deposit: Upon approval to attend, a nonrefundable and nontransferable program deposit of $300 is required. Spaces are not held for applicants, even approved applicants, without a confirmation deposit.
New Transfer Student Applicants
Because you do not yet have a cumulative GPA at Emerson, you may not be able to access the online application form. Please email la [at] emerson.edu if you encounter this difficulty. Also, you'll need to submit an official copy of your previous college transcript to the Education Abroad and Domestic Programs Office. Please request that it be mailed to:
Education Abroad and Domestic Programs
120 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116
In order to pursue a course of study at a U.S. institution of higher education, you need to maintain an appropriate immigration status. Please consult with David Griffin, Director of Education Abroad and Domestic Programs, or the U.S. consulate in your home country for requirements and procedures.