By implementing innovative internationalization strategies in academic programs, and curricular and co-curricular activities, Emerson prepares students for engaging service in the global community.
The strategic intent of the Office of Internationalization and Global Engagement (IGE) is to play a central role in helping students to realize their leadership potential with the full understanding of this country's role in international affairs and national civic improvements. In this regard, IGE provides leadership in comprehensive internationalization and assists the College in realizing its goal of being the world’s leading institution of higher education in arts and communication.
To support this intent, the following six initiatives frame the work of IGE:
- Develop deep and strategic global partnerships.
- Provide students with unique and excellent global learning experiences.
- Internationalize the curriculum.
- Recruit and support international students and short-term program participants.
- Provides Emerson faculty with international professional and academic development opportunities.
- Fully utilize the Boston, Los Angeles, Netherlands and Global Portal campuses to support internationalization and global engagement.