The mission of Institutional Research (IR) is to support Emerson College by providing accurate and meaningful information and analysis to Emerson decision-makers, the Emerson community, and external stakeholders in order to enhance institutional effectiveness.
What We Do
- Produce the Emerson College Fall Factbook.
- Coordinate and oversee the Emerson College course evaluation process.
- Coordinate Emerson College’s responses to the federal government’s Integrated Postsecondary Education Data Systems (IPEDS) surveys.
- Support Emerson College in the evaluation/assessment efforts including assisting in program reviews and self-studies. Institutional Research assists with the highlighted areas in the Academic Program Review Summary.
- Assist in the standardization of data to create uniformity and consistency.
- Generate and disseminate data and information in a usable and useful format.
- Coordinate and complete appropriate reports and surveys requested by state and federal agencies, accrediting agencies, and external marketing services.
- Collaborate with other areas to administer and analyze survey results.
- Serve as consultants for survey and other research services.
- Produce grade distributions each semester.