What We Do
The Office of Graduate Studies serves currently enrolled graduate students by:
- Hosting new student orientation;
- Publishing policies, requirements, rules, and procedures;
- Approving individual program requirement exceptions;
- Coordinating student activities and events with the Graduate Student Association (GSA);
- Providing professional development activities;
- Approving master's theses and projects; and
- Assisting with graduate commencement
Graduate Program Directors (GPD)
A Graduate Program Director (GPD) is the primary liaison between his or her graduate program, his or her academic department, the Office of Graduate Studies, and the Graduate Admissions staff. GPDs serve as graduate program representatives, the primary point of contact for students, and the model for excellence in scholarship and graduate education.
GPDs meet with all graduate students in their programs to regularly advise them or coordinate their advising with other faculty members, and to plan and update their programs of study to ensure timely graduation.