The Office of Government and Community Relations publishes a Community Service Report every two years. The report highlights the many contributions that Emerson students, faculty and staff make on behalf of Emerson College to enhance the quality of life for the people of Boston and reinforces the positive relationships that exist between Emerson and City officials.
We are currently soliciting input for the 2019 and 2020 calendar year. We are interested in activities and programs such as the following:
- Tutoring/mentoring/student teaching in the Boston Public Schools
- Volunteering on behalf of Emerson College at social service/health care institutions and organizations
- Raising money to support health, social welfare, educational, and cultural organizations and programs
- Sponsoring education and outreach programs that serve Boston residents
- Organizing events that support social, health care and environmental organizations and other causes
- Making Emerson facilities available to neighborhood organizations
- Hosting public events
- Producing/broadcasting/publishing public service announcements, ads, and programs
- Providing technical support for communication initiatives undertaken by neighborhood associations, social welfare organizations, etc.
If you are involved in or know of any such activities, please tell us about them by submitting our form. If you need additional information, please contact Mary Higgins in Government and Community Relations at ext. 8984 or mary_higgins [at] emerson.edu. Thank you for supporting this important project.