Paris: French Language & Global Communication
June 1 through July 1, 2022
*Students should arrange to arrive in Paris on the morning of the program start date.
Set in the exciting, cosmopolitan and historic city of Paris in the early summer, this 4-week program is designed to immerse students in French language and culture. Through classwork, walking tours, guest lectures and hands-on experiences, students will explore how France connects its past to present. In addition, they will practice intercultural communication skills and work to deepen their own cultural understanding.
Program Eligibility & Admission
- Open to rising sophomores, juniors and seniors.
- Open to all majors and minors.
- CC 203 fulfills the Global Diversity requirement and LF101, LF102, LF 201, and LF 202 count toward the World Language requirement.
Total of 8 credits. Students will be required to be enrolled by Emerson College in the following two courses:
- CC 203 - Intercultural Communication (4 credits)
- LF XXX - French Language (4 credits) Students will be enrolled in their appropriate level of French at the Sorbonne
- On weekday mornings, attend conversational French language courses (offered at beginner, intermediate and advanced levels) at the famous University of Sorbonne (no prior study of French language is required).
- Students will partake in weekly service-learning activities to engage with local Parisians.
- Two afternoons per week will be served for Global Communication and Cultural Immersion lectures and activities.
- Visit the Eiffel Tower, Musée de Louvre, stroll along the Champs-Élysées and explore the beautiful side streets of Paris.
- Enjoy a guided multi-cultural walking tour through the diverse districts of east Paris.
- Take a Paris tasting tour, sampling chocolate, cheese and baked goods along the way.
- Visit a Paris Mosque and meet with local practitioners.
Cost & Inclusions
Program Fee: $10,600
Included in Program Fee
- Tuition (8 credits @ $800/credit)
- Registration Fee
- Airport pick-up at Paris CDG Airport
- Housing in shared apartment-style accommodations
- Walking and guided tours and excursions
- Local transportation pass
- Welcome and farewell meals
Not Included in Program Fee
- Round-trip airfare to/from Paris (Est. $1,200)
- Airport drop-off for return flight
- International mobile phone service
- Most meals and incidental or personal expenses
- Passports (or visas, if required)
- International Health Insurance*
*May be waived by those with alternate comparable insurance.
*Health Insurance Coverage: Participants must have an insurance plan that provides coverage while abroad. If you feel your current insurance is not adequate, please research a plan that is.
For information on Supplemental Health Plans, please visit our Health Insurance Requirements page.