Our Mission Statement
The Office of Community Standards facilitates the Student Code of Community Standards to ensure that Emerson is a safe and comfortable community to learn, live, and work. The office is committed to balancing the needs of the student and greater campus community by promoting community standards and responding to student misconduct in a fair, consistent, and educational manner. We provide students with individualized opportunities for growth so that they may develop into engaged and ethical citizens.
Scope of Community Standards
The Code of Community Standards applies to the below situations, regardless of whether they occur in person or in online or remote educational settings. The College reserves the right to investigate and resolve any reports of alleged misconduct in all of these situations:
- Involving students, student groups, a group of students, and/or student organizations affiliated with any part of the College.
- Occurring on or off-campus
- Occurring from the time of a students’ application for admission through the actual awarding of a degree (even if the conduct is not discovered until after a degree is awarded), including, but not limited to:
- During the academic year
- Before classes start or after classes end
- During time away from the campus (e.g., study abroad, internships)
- During periods between terms of enrollment
- While on leave from the College
- During any remote or virtual time period, including but not limited to classes, coursework, meetings, chats, etc.
Students and affiliated Student Groups and Organizations are responsible for the behavior of their guests. The College reserves the right to refer the host of a guest to the Student Conduct Process when the guest’s behavior is reported to be in violation of the College’s Community Standards.