Emerson College’s Career Development Center supports the professional development of students and alumni through meaningful service and resources. If you have yet to connect with our office, we encourage you to familiarize yourself with our offerings which include:
- 1-on-1 career counseling appointments for students and alumni
- Year-round networking and recruiting events with employers
- Campus-wide support of any and all career education initiatives
Review additional information about our staff and the areas our office covers.
Careers in the Classroom
Our office invites you to connect your curriculum with current career education resources through a variety of professional development opportunities.
- Connect Careers to Your Curriculum: Invite a staff member from the Career Development Center to present on a specific professional topic or a general area of interest (i.e. internships).
- Bring an Employer into Class: Connect with Emerson’s expanding employer network by offering class time to recruiters or representatives from a specific company.
- Join Our Employer Advisory Council: The Employer Advisory Council invites current Faculty, Emerson-affiliated employers, and Career Center staff to help steer Emerson’s career curriculum.
- Share an Opportunity: Faculty are encouraged to share internship and career opportunities at any time throughout the year. To share a job or internship, use the link below to contact our Employer Engagement team.
If you are interested in any of the above opportunities or if you have your own suggestion for a career-focused collaboration, we invite you to fill out the following interest form:
Career Course Offerings
The Career Center facilitates a number of career-focused courses which are delivered as self-guided or short-term Canvas courses for students. These course offerings currently include:
- CareerLaunch: A course which provides career education and preparation to Seniors expecting to graduate. We offer sections for both Undergraduate and Graduate students.
- Career Development for International Students: A course which supports international students’ career development, professional intercultural awareness, and preparation for the US workplace. Open to all current International Students.
- Internship Ready: A course covering the fundamentals of finding an internship and succeeding while on the job. Open to current Undergraduate students.
- Where We Are: Career & Intercultural Awareness: A course exploring topics on diversity and inclusion as it relates to student’s identity and career development. Open to current Junior and Senior students.
Learn more about our course offerings on CareerBuzz.
In addition to the resources above, we also provide a variety of online resources to further enhance career education at Emerson:
- Handshake: Emerson College’s official career development platform. Handshake is a resource for discovering jobs and internships from Emerson-affiliated employers. Students and Alumni may also schedule appointments here. Visit Handshake
- Careerbuzz: A one-stop-shop for all of our digital resources, Careerbuzz serves as the hub for career content. Undergraduates and Graduates can use this site to access hands-on guides and support materials. Employers can also get connected with our office here. Visit Careerbuzz
- Los Angeles & New York City Hot Lists: Our office runs weekly (Los Angeles) and bi-weekly (NYC) hot lists for two of the most common cities for Emerson alumni. Sign up for LA and NYC Hot Lists
Faculty who are interested in connecting with our office are encouraged to contact our general inbox at careers [at] emerson.edu or one of our Career Counselors listed below.