The Cabaret, located at 52 Summer Street, is the largest student event and production space on campus. Measuring approximately 60' × 40' with a 10' box truss grid, as well as a configurable 12' × 16' stage, the Cabaret can handle events of almost any size or shape for up to 200 people. Use the space as you wish, with rows of chairs for your audience or completely open for rehearsals or performances. It's up to you!
The neutral black box setting of the Cabaret allows you to dress it up or down, which is perfect not only for theatrical productions but for other events as well. Add fine table linens and light music for a formal event, or break out the decorations and add colored lighting for a festive, casual event.
A complete array of theatrical support systems are available to enhance your event. Professional-grade theatrical lighting and audio systems are available, as well as a flexible staging system and adjacent studio space. Our Cabaret staff members will assist you in setting up and operating any equipment you need. If you have a question or challenge, the Cabaret staff will help you find the best solution.
Features & Technical Info
- Capacity: 200 standing, 150 seated, variable dependent on setup
- Furniture: Furniture may be moved or rearranged for reception, lecture seating, production, and meeting setups, along with variable stage setups. Furniture and fixtures must be returned to standard setup after each event.
- Technical Control: Audio = Yamaha TF3 digital console, Lighting = Strand PalletteVL console, Other = iMac with QLab and Tascam audio interface
- A/V: Full audio system with multiple microphone and line inputs, handheld or lavaliere wireless microphones, and live mixing and audio special effects; non-fixed-position LCD projector and screen; stage communication/call system; video monitoring of performance area for green room.
- Lighting: Full theatrical stage lighting with customizable arrangements within a box truss setup.
- Other: Secondary studio space available for use as a dressing/green room, breakout room, rehearsal or reception space, or secondary event space.
Interested in using the Cabaret?
- View the Cabaret Technical Specifications page to see details regarding: staging, furniture, lighting, audio, video and communications, as well as downloadable technical documents for lighting/electrics, audio, and the ground plan.
- The Cabaret requires two weeks of lead time to review setup needs and assign staff to support your event.
- View setup types and request the room online through SpaceBook, or in person at the Campus Center.