172 Tremont is where collaboration meets community.
It is a destination where Emersonians come together for work and play, to share moments that contribute to the collective Emerson experience, and to be themselves.
172 Tremont provides a number of expanded amenities, meeting and social spaces for students, organizations, and departments to utilize and to better accommodate the changing needs of our community. Due to it's location along Tremont Street, many of these spaces benefit from views of the Boston Common, as the building also helps to connect the Paramount Center and Avery Street spaces with the other campus buildings.
We are very excited by the options and opportunities provided for members of our community, and particularly our students.
Some of the highlights of The Commons at 172 Tremont include:
- Six conference rooms for meetings and other use.
- Four "Pod" spaces for smaller meetings, study or working groups, or interviews.
- The Owens Multipurpose Room, where students can focus on formal meetings, presentations, workshops, and events.
- A community lounge, "The Hub", located on the main level.
- A Community Kitchen for casual gathering, meal preparation, and limited events.
- The Cultural Center and "informal" meeting space, both located on the fourth floor
- The Center for Spiritual Life, including space for ablution and private prayer (an Emerson first), also located on the fourth floor.
- Offices for the Student Government Association, The Berkeley Beacon, Emerson Independent Video, and The EVVY's, located on the third floor.
- An Editing Suite for students and organizations.
- A variety of storage options for student organizations.
- Gender neutral restrooms throughout the building.
- Expanded operational hours.