Greetings from the Academic Advising Center (AAC)!
Although we are working remotely, please know that the AAC staff will continue to provide advising and academic support to all students.
Virtual advising meetings can be scheduled online with an Academic Advisor by clicking on our schedule a meeting link.
We offer virtual walk-in hours every business day throughout the unrestricted add/drop period to help students finalize their Spring schedule. Sign up during walk-in hours and an academic advisor will assist you.
The AAC's main line (617-824-7876) and advising [at] emerson.edu (email )will remain open to field any common questions/concerns and make appropriate referrals, as needed.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions and/or concerns.
Our experienced team of professional advisors helps students make informed decisions as they navigate educational transitions, clarify and achieve their goals, and adhere to academic standards. We connect students to college-wide resources and support integration into the larger College community. We also facilitate the mentorship provided by faculty advisors.
As an advising team, we aim to:
- Inspire students to actively participate in their own learning, equipping them to become independent self-advocates.
- Guide students as they explore academic options and make course selections.
- Help students develop realistic and attainable professional and personal goals.
- Create accurate and efficient academic plans that allow for degree completion within anticipated graduation timelines.
- Educate students on Emerson College’s academic standards, policies and procedures.
- Encourage students as they make meaningful connections with faculty, staff and peers.
Through advising, students can expect to:
- Actively participate in individual and group meetings with their Academic/Faculty Advisor.
- Understand curricular options through creating a long-term educational plan, monitoring academic progress using their Degree Audit.
- Understand how academic performance impacts degree progress.
- Adhere to the College’s academic standards, policies and procedures.
- Utilize college-wide resources to enhance success in and out of the classroom.
- Engage in the Emerson community to develop inclusive relationships with faculty, staff and peers.