One Emerson Projection Shines Light on Class of 2020
The in-person Commencement and Graduate Hooding Ceremonies for the Class of 2020 have been postponed and will be rescheduled.
It is our intention and hope that we will be able to hold separate ceremonies for the Class of 2020 and the Class of 2021 during the next Commencement Weekend, scheduled for May 8-9, 2021. We are continually monitoring the situation and will post updates here.
May 2020 guest tickets are no longer valid and should be discarded. Once we have a new date, we will ask 2020 graduates to indicate whether they plan to participate, and distribute new guest tickets.
Student Speakers & Awardees
Preview the Class of 2020 student speakers and award winners.
- May 10: Official date of degree conferral. This date will appear on May graduates' diplomas.
- May 17: Last day to request Pass*/Fail* option for Boston, ELA and KW grades.
- Week of May 19: Valedictorian, Latin Honors, Dean's List, and Licensure finalized. Diplomas will be printed.
- Week of May 25: Diplomas will be mailed and final Transcripts will be processed. We will use the address that you submitted on your Application to Graduate. (Check your inbox for an email receipt with your submission, subject line: Application to Graduate). If you need to change your address, please contact the Registrar’s Office.
- May 31: Date that final Incomplete grades and outstanding transcripts for seniors must be postmarked by in order for a student to still graduate with a backdated May 10, 2020 degree.
Latin honors, or graduating honors will be read at the in-person ceremony. They are based on a student's entire academic record and awarded each semester after final grades have been submitted. They are calculated as a percentage of the class of December, May, or August graduates above a certain GPA. More information may be found on the Honors tab of the Undergraduate Student Handbook. Per academic protocol, Latin honors are only awarded to bachelor's degree recipients.
Stoles, Cords, & Pins
Undergraduate students who were inducted into the GOLDEN KEY HONOR SOCIETY in April will receive a stole to wear over their gown at Commencement. Stoles will be mailed when we are able to return to campus.
Undergraduate students who graduate from the HONORS PROGRAM will receive a cord to wear over their gown at Commencement. Cords will be mailed when we are able to return to campus.
Undergraduate students who were inducted into the PURPLE KEY LEADERSHIP SOCIETY in April will receive a pin to wear on their gown at Commencement. Pins will be mailed when we are able to return to campus.
Per academic protocol, stoles, cords, and pins are only awarded to bachelor's degree recipients. Master's degree recipients will have their hood placed over their head at the in-person ceremony.
Visa letters for graduates and their families will be available through the oisa [at] emerson.edu (Office of International Student Affairs (OISA)) once we announce a ceremony date.