Undergraduate applicants to the Department of Performing Arts must submit a résumé and complete a major-specific Artistic Review.
Artistic Reviews are scheduled (auditions, interviews) or completed (Musical Theatre prescreens, résumés, Performing Arts essays, video auditions) in the Emerson College Admission Portal, to which applicants will gain access via email once they apply (Common Applications may take up to 2 business days). Please note:
- The Department of Performing Arts only accepts applications for the fall term.
- Your email invitation to the Admission Portal will be sent to the email address that you provide on your application.
- Although transcripts and recommendations are a required part of the application due at the application deadline, they are not required for creating an online account in the Admission Portal.
- Musical Theatre BFA
- Stage and Production Management BFA
- Theatre BFA
- Theatre & Performance BFA
- Theatre Design/Technology BFA
- Theatre Education BFA
- Theatre Education & Performance BFA
- Looking for BFA Acting or BFA Stage & Screen Design/Technology?
- Audition Schedule
- Interview Schedule
- Transfer Applicants to Performing Arts
- Video Auditions
- Questions & Guidance
Please be advised that the scheduling of Artistic Reviews is a first-come, first-served process completed by you, the applicant, and space is limited, especially for Artistic Reviews outside of Boston.
If you have questions regarding the Department of Performing Arts or the Artistic Reviews, please contact us at 617-824-8780 or pa_artisticreview [at] emerson.edu.
If you have questions regarding your online account or logging in to the Admission Portal, please contact Undergraduate Admission at admission [at] emerson.edu or 617-824-8600.