Polish your communication skills and enhance your political career with Emerson’s Political Communication Certificate. You’ll learn skills such as campaign leadership strategies, speech writing, crisis communication plans, social media, and content strategy.
Designed for working professionals, our courses are offered in the evening with a blend of in-person and online courses, allowing you the flexibility to manage your schedule.
Program highlights include:
- Audience analysis pertaining to specific publics
- Developing speeches as integral to strategic messaging campaigns
- Understanding the importance of campaign strategies and tactics as these pertaining to specific publics
- Strategic messaging targeting the public through traditional communication channels, digital communication assets, and social media platforms
- Developing research skills in polling, focus groups, and surveys
- Formulating and delivering political narratives and storytelling utilizing traditional and emerging social media
- Courses offered in the evening to fit your schedule
- No GRE requirements to apply
Meet Your Admission Counselor
Request More Information
Hear from admissions staff and learn more about the Public Relations (MA), Political Communication (MA), and Sports Communication (MA), and corresponding Certificate programs. We will also be discussing the application process, life at Emerson, and more.
Join us for a virtual glimpse into our Communication Studies (MA) programs! During this event, you'll be able to hear directly from students from our Political Communication (MA), Public Relations (MA), and Sports Communication (MA) degrees. They'll discuss their experiences in the program, courses and projects they have completed, and advice they have for prospective students and applicants. They will also be available to answer any questions you may have about the Emerson community. We hope to see you there!