The ProArts Consortium Board has been monitoring the progress of the COVID-19 outbreak as well as national and local safety guidelines. The current consensus is that there are still too many unknowns regarding the fall semester at this time to offer an April cross-registration week. The ProArts Board will reconvene over the summer to revisit the matter and if cross-registration can be safely offered during the coming semester, then a cross-registration plan will be announced as we get closer to the Fall semester. In the meantime, ProArts cross-registration remains suspended.
The Professional Arts Consortium (ProArts) is an association of seven neighboring Boston institutions of higher education dedicated to the visual and performing arts. Its members are:
- Berklee College of Music
- Boston Conservatory at Berklee
- Boston Architectural College
- Emerson College
- New England Conservatory
- Massachusetts College of Art and Design
- School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts University
Students, faculty, and staff can register for undergraduate classes at the affiliated schools. There are two opportunities to cross-register: the open enrollment period (held during the preceding semester), and again during the add/drop period. The specific dates, as well as the full list of cross-registration courses and a copy of the registration contract, are available on ProArts.org.
If you are interested in participating in ProArts cross-registration, please read the follow guidelines carefully:
- Cross-registration is open to undergraduate students only. Emerson undergraduate students must be registered for a minimum of 8 credits at Emerson in any semester in which they are taking ProArts courses.
- Students may take a maximum of 28 ProArts credits as a part of their Emerson degree program. ProArts courses are not meant to duplicate or substitute for coursework at Emerson and may not count toward liberal arts, major, or minor requirements unless approved by the appropriate department chair/dean.
- Students enrolled in their first semester at Emerson are not allowed to enroll in ProArts courses. Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.7 to be eligible to enroll in ProArts courses.
- Students pay tuition at Emerson at Emerson’s tuition rate. Students taking 17 or more credits, including ProArts credits, in a semester will be charged at the per-credit rate for each credit above 16. Please visit the Billing & Student Accounts webpage for more information on the per-credit tuition charge.
- Credit hours, grades, and honor points are transferred. Emerson takes ProArts courses for the number of credits they are worth at the host institution.
For faculty and staff:
Full-time faculty and staff qualify for 8 credits of tuition remission each semester, and can take up to this amount in ProArts credits. Faculty and staff should contact Human Resources to complete the tuition waiver form before submitting the ProArts cross-registration contract.