We are led by an accomplished group of administrators who are passionate about the mission of Emerson College and have backgrounds relevant to our areas of study.
The President’s Council consists of Emerson’s executive-level leaders. They are responsible for the overall governance of the College and the success of our students.
- Lee Pelton, President
- Sofiya Cabalquinto, Associate Vice President, Communication and Marketing
- David Dower, Vice President for Office of the Arts
- John Malcolm, Vice President for Institutional Advancement
- William Gilligan, Vice President for Information Technology
- James Hoppe, Vice President and Dean of Campus Life
- Christine Hughes, Vice President and General Counsel
- Margaret Ann Ings, Vice President for Government and Community Relations
- Ruthanne Madsen, Vice President for Enrollment Management
- Allison Sampson, Vice President and Executive Director, Emerson Los Angeles
- Anne Shaughnessy, Assistant Vice President, Office of the President and Board of Trustees
- Phillip Shapiro, Interim Vice President for Administration and Finance
- Sylvia Spears, Vice President for Equity and Social Justice
- Michaele Whelan, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
The deans of Emerson’s various schools are the College’s academic leaders. They are responsible for shaping our curriculum and ensuring our artists and communicators succeed in the classroom.
- Amy Ansell, Dean of Liberal Arts, and Director, Institute for Liberal Arts and Interdisciplinary Studies
- Raul Reis, Dean, School of Communication
- Jan Roberts-Breslin, Dean, Graduate and Professional Studies
- Robert Sabal, Dean, School of the Arts