Careers & Internships in Writing, Literature, and Publishing
What key factors distinguish an Emerson College education? Project-based academic preparation, participation in numerous co-curricular activities, and industry experience gained from internships and other employment opportunities. This is the kind of blend that will help you stand out in the marketplace.
Employers also value the ability of Emerson graduates to communicate concepts and ideas. Our Career Services Office helps you to develop these and other business skills through individual appointments, workshops, industry panels and visits, and other programs that bring the world of communication and the arts to the Emerson campus.
Our Writing, Literature and Publishing graduates benefit from a curriculum with a balance of theory and practice. Their combination of writing skills, industry/marketplace knowledge, and experience outside the classroom makes them competitive players in today's global economy.
A Sampling of Jobs of Recent Writing, Literature and Publishing Graduates
- Editorial Assistant, Pearson Education
- Staff Writer, Velle Magazine
- Sales/Marketing, The Lavin Agency
- Marketing Coordinator, Verension International
- Contributing Writer, Magnet Magazine
- A&R Assistant, Spirit Music Group
- Substitute Teacher, Eaton Intermediate School District
- Assistant Teacher, PROP
- Office Manager, Home & Design Magazine
- Research Assistant, New England Research Institutes
- Comic Book Salesperson, Xcomicazi
- Reporter, Self Magazine
- Editor, Citizens Magazine
- Freelance Writer, Karmaloop.com
- Editorial Assistant, B/SM Press
- Program Assistant, Pathfinder International
- Staff Reporter, Hellenic Voice
- Independent Contractor, CCB—Los Angeles
- Editorial Assistant, Pearson Allyn & Bacon