Performing Arts Requirements: Artistic Reviews
Undergraduate applicants to the Department of Performing Arts must complete a major-specific Artistic Review.
Within 3-4 days of receiving your application, the Office of Undergraduate Admission will invite you to create an account in our online Application Portal. Please note:
- Your invitation to create an online account will be sent via email to the email address that you provided on your application.
- Although transcripts, recommendations, and test scores are a required part of the application due at the application deadline, they are not required for creating an online account.
- The Department of Performing Arts only accepts applications for the fall term.
- Transfer applicants accepted to any program in the Department of Performing Arts are required to study at Emerson College for a minimum of three years in order to graduate. Transfer applicants to Musical Theatre must audition in the same time frame as first-year applicants (Early Action or Regular Decision dates) and if accepted are required to study at Emerson College for four years.
2. Preview your Artistic Review
Preview the Artistic Review Requirements
Preview the Artistic Review Schedule
3. Schedule and complete your Artistic Review
Artistic Reviews are scheduled (auditions, interviews) or completed (essays, video auditions) online in the Performing Arts Artistic Review section of the Emerson College Application Portal. Log in to the Application Portal below and, once inside, click on the Artistic Review link.
Please be advised that the scheduling of Artistic Reviews is a first-come, first-served process completed by you, the applicant, and space is limited, especially for Artistic Reviews outside of Boston.
If you have questions regarding your online account or logging in to the Application Portal, please contact Undergraduate Admission at email@example.com or 617-824-8600.