We are always on the lookout for students who will thrive in our creative atmosphere. Whether you have a lot of experience in your intended area or are a highly motivated beginner, we want to hear from you.
1. Learn about the Application Process
Apply as a freshman if you are currently a high school student, or if you have graduated from high school and have taken fewer than 9 college credits, or if you have not yet gone to college.
- Early Action is for students who consider Emerson their first choice and are prepared to apply by November 1. Students applying Early Action to Performing Arts must complete an Early Action Artistic Review. If your Artistic Review will take place after the first of the year, please apply Regular Decision.
- Regular Decision is for students who are strongly considering Emerson, but would like until January 15 to complete an application. Spring applicants should apply by November 1. Please note that Performing Arts majors may only apply for a fall start term.
Apply as a transfer student if you are currently enrolled at a college or university and you will complete 9 or more college credits prior to your desired start term at Emerson.
- Transfer students may apply for Regular Decision by November 1 for spring admission and March 15 for fall admission. Applications are considered on a space-available basis after these priority deadlines.
- Transfer student FAQ »
- Transfer counselor FAQ »
If you do not have U.S. citizenship, dual-U.S. citizenship, or permanent residency, follow the process for international students. There are special credential guidelines for international applicants, and additional information will be required of international students who are offered admission.
2. Submit your Application
You will receive an application acknowledgement via email once your online application has been submitted. You will also receive acknowledgement via email when your application becomes complete, including all supporting credentials.
3. Submit Supporting Credentials
Please review detailed information and instructions for:
Additional application instructions and requirements are in effect for:
- Home-Schooled Applicants »
- Honors Program Applicants »
- Comedic Arts Applicants »
- Media Production Applicants »
- Performing Arts Applicants »
To submit a Creative Sample via Slideroom you will need your Emerson ID. Your Emerson ID is emailed to you 24-48 hours after submitting your Common Application, Emerson Supplement, and application fee payment.
If you submit your application close to or on the application deadline, we encourage you to upload your Creative Sample to Slideroom as soon as possible after receiving your Emerson ID. We understand that this may delay your Creative Sample submission beyond the application deadline.
All application materials may be submitted electronically. Or, send them to:
Emerson College Undergraduate
Admission Processing Center
PO Box 880
Randolph, MA 02368-8880
If you are using a mailing or shipping service that does not allow for delivery to a PO Box, you may use our alternate application mailing address of Emerson College Undergraduate Admission, 120 Boylston St, Boston, MA 02116.
4. Check the Status of Your Application Credentials
You should receive an email acknowledgement and Emerson ID within one week of submitting your application. You can use your Emerson ID and date of birth to log into the Application Portal to determine whether your application is complete or incomplete.
Please keep in mind that it may take up to 2 weeks for credentials to show in our system after they have been received. Materials that are postmarked by the appropriate application deadline will be considered on time. Feel free to contact us if your application materials do not show in the Application Portal within 2 weeks.
5. Apply for Financial Aid and learn about Merit Scholarships
6. Watch for Updates from Emerson College
We will send you information to the mailing address and email address listed on your application. Please make sure to check your mail and email so that we can provide you with important updates. We also ask that you update your email settings to allow correspondence from firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember that if you opt out of emails from Emerson College, you may miss important deadline reminders!
7. Decision Notification
Notification deadlines are posted on our dates, deadlines, and options for admission page.
Statement of Nondiscrimination Policy
Emerson College admits qualified students of any race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin, sex, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or disability to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made
available to students at the College. Emerson College does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religious beliefs, national and ethnic origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability in the
administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic programs, or other
Individuals with questions or concerns about the College’s nondiscrimination policy may
contact Emerson College’s associate vice president for human resources and affirmative action at
Emerson College, 120 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116 or 617-824-8580.