Summer Housing 2013
Summer Session 1
Check-In Sunday, May 19, 12:00–4:00 pm
- Classes begin Monday, May 20
- Classes end Monday, July 1
Check-Out Tuesday, July 2, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
Summer Session 2
Check-In Monday, July 1, 12:00–4:00 pm
- Classes begin Tuesday, July 2
- Classes end Tuesday, August 13
Check-Out Wednesday, August 14, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
There is no housing for students between spring semester closing and May 19, or between August 13 and opening for Fall 2013. Summer housing is scheduled to be in the Colonial Building; it is SMOKE FREE.
Cost and Meal Options
The Summer 2013 cost for room only for each six-week session is as follows:
- Single Occupancy Room: $2,063
- Double Occupancy Room: $1,694
There will not be a meal plan offered during the Summer, however the dining hall may be open on a cash basis during portions of the summer. Specific times and costs will be posted.
- Apply online for Summer Housing »
- Priority Deadline: Applications received with payment confirmations by April 30 will be given priority for choice of room style and roommates/suitemates.
- Summer 1: Completed applications and payment confirmations for Session 1 must be received by the Office of Housing and Residence Life no later than May 10.
- Summer 2: Completed applications and payment confirmations for Session 2 must be received by the Office of Housing and Residence Life no later than June 21.
Storage, Eligibility, and Payment
- There is VERY LIMITED storage available between the end of the spring semester and the start of Summer Session 1. There is NO STORAGE between the end of Summer Session 2 and the opening of Fall 2013.
- Summer housing at Emerson is for continuing, matriculated undergraduate and graduate students.
- Full payment can be paid by electronic check or credit card by logging onto eCommon, selecting the Student Services tab, and clicking on the “Summer Housing” payment link. You will not be permitted to move in to the residence halls unless your account is paid in full.
- After the Office of Housing and Residence Life receives your application and payment confirmation, you will be eligible for a total refund of the amount you have paid minus an $85 housing reservation fee, if you cancel prior to moving in. This $85 fee is NONREFUNDABLE and NONTRANSFERABLE.
Individuals not enrolled at Emerson College, but seeking summer housing, should contact Business Services (Summer Conferences) to inquire about housing at 617-824-8554.
Here's what a single room looks like at Emerson College.