Summer Housing 2014
Summer Session 1
Check-In Sunday, May 18, 12:00–4:00 pm
- Classes begin Monday, May 29
- Classes end Monday, June 30
Check-Out Tuesday, July 1, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
Summer Session 2
Check-In Tuesday, July 1, 12:00–4:00 pm
- Classes begin Wednesday, July 2
- Classes end Tuesday, August 12
Check-Out Wednesday, August 13, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
There is no housing for students between spring semester closing and May 18, or between August 13 and opening for Fall 2014. the location of summer housing for 2014 will be determined in spring 2014.
Cost and Meal Options
The Summer 2014 cost for room only for each six-week session will be determined in the spring 2014 semester. For your reference, the Summer 2013 rates were as follows:
- Single Occupancy Room: $2,063
- Double Occupancy Room: $1,694
There will not be a meal plan offered during the Summer, however the dining hall may be open on a cash basis during portions of the summer. Specific times and costs will be posted.
- Application for summer housing will be available on March 28, 2014.
- Priority Deadline: Applications received with payment confirmations by April 25 will be given priority for choice of room style and roommates/suitemates.
- Summer 1: Completed applications and payment confirmations for Session 1 must be received by the Office of Housing and Residence Life no later than May 9.
- Summer 2: Completed applications and payment confirmations for Session 2 must be received by the Office of Housing and Residence Life no later than June 20.
Storage, Eligibility, and Payment
- There is VERY LIMITED storage available between the end of the spring semester and the start of Summer Session 1. There is NO STORAGE between the end of Summer Session 2 and the opening of Fall 2014.
- Summer housing at Emerson is for continuing, matriculated undergraduate and graduate students.
- Full payment can be paid by electronic check or credit card by logging onto eCommon, selecting the Student Services tab, and clicking on the “Summer Housing” payment link. This link will be available at the time the Summer Housing Application is available. You will not be permitted to move in to the residence halls unless your account is paid in full.
- After the Office of Housing and Residence Life receives your application and payment confirmation, you will be eligible for a total refund of the amount you have paid minus an $85 housing reservation fee, if you cancel prior to moving in. This $85 fee is NONREFUNDABLE and NONTRANSFERABLE.
Individuals not enrolled at Emerson College, but seeking summer housing, should contact Business Services (Summer Conferences) to inquire about housing at 617-824-8554.
Here's what a single room looks like at Emerson College.