Norman and Irma Mann Stearns Distinguished Faculty Award
- Internal Pre-Approval Form
- Review Process
- FY2017 Calendar
- Application Instructions
- Final Progress Report Requirement
Several years ago, Dr. Norman Stearns and Irma Mann Stearns established a distinguished faculty award in their name to honor a full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty member in recognition of outstanding scholarly or creative achievement. A $3,000 award is presented annually to one applicant. This funding may be used to enhance an ongoing project or for the development of a new scholarly or creative endeavor. Travel is strongly encouraged to be a part of the project activity.
Full-time tenured and tenure-track faculty members are eligible to apply for the Mann Stearns Distinguished Faculty Award.
In evaluating proposals, the committee will consider:
- the applicant’s scholarly or creative achievement(s);
- the quality, merits, feasibility, of the project for which the award funds will be used; and
- publications, DVDs, or other supporting material.
All online applications will be reviewed by the Faculty Development and Research Council (FDRC), with input from department Chairs, school Deans, and the Vice President for Academic Affairs regarding feasibility based on department, school, and college resources. Applicants must complete and submit a pre-approval form before the application deadline in order to identify and define the proposal’s impact on workload and College resources. The FDRC will make the final recommendations to the Vice President for Academic Affairs for funding.
|March 24, 2016||Internal Pre-Approval Form due to ORCS_preapproval@emerson.edu|
|April 21||Online application deadline|
|May 2016||Award will be announced|
|July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017||Grant Period|
|June 15, 2017||Receipts for expenditures needing reimbursement must be turned in by this date to be honored.|
- Eligible faculty members can access the online application through eCampus by going to http://ecampus.emerson.edu/programs and logging in using their Emerson username and password.
- Applicants should select the Mann Stearns FY2017 to access the application
- Applicants can fill out the application, save, and return to finish at any time until the application deadline.
- You may upload supplemental materials (publications, PDFs, media) to the online application that supports the proposal.
- In addition to the application form and supplemental materials, a short (2-page) curriculum vita must be uploaded and included with your submission.
A final written report is not required, but the successful applicant is expected to meet with members of the Mann Stearns family and other members of Emerson College to discuss the final outcome and deliverables.