To ensure a successful registration:
- Do your research! Review the course listings and carefully check course prerequisites and permissions.
- If you need special permission to register for one of your courses, view the Online Permission Instructions. You can get permissions before registration starts.
- Resolve all holds on your account.
- Consult your advisor and review your degree audit to track your progress toward your degree.
Summer 2017 registration begins at 9:00 am on Monday, March 13. All students will be able to register at this time. All registration for Global Pathways Programs, including Kasteel Well, will be done by the Education Abroad & Domestic Programs office.
Undergraduate students may register for up to 16 credits over the entire summer term. Students wishing to register for more than 16 credits must petition the Office of Academic Affairs.
Graduate students may register for up to 12 credits over the entire summer term, including May Intersession. Students wishing to register for more than 12 credits must petition the Office of Graduate Studies.
Review the Summer 2017 tuition and fee information:
- If you register from March 13 – April 16: Full payment is due on April 17, 2017. If you are registering on or after April 17, full payment is due immediately.
- If your payment is not settled, your course(s) will automatically be dropped from your schedule after April 17. There are no exceptions.
Drop Deadline and Refund Policy
You can add or drop courses until the day before classes start.
- For Full Summer and Summer 1 courses, you can add/drop until the end of the day on Sunday, May 21.
- For Summer 2 courses, you can add/drop until the end of the day on Tuesday, July 4.
To drop a summer course after it has started, you must come to the Registrar's Office. Drops made after a class has met will not receive a full tuition refund.
|Refund (%)||Full Summer||Summer 1||Summer 2|
|100%||May 21||May 21||July 4|
|75%||May 26*||May 24*||July 7*|
|50%||June 5*||May 26*||July 11*|
*Drops must be made in the Registrar's Office by 5:00 pm.
Fall 2017 Registration
- March 13: Advising for Fall 2017 begins
- March 27 - April 3: Undergraduate and Graduate registration
- April 4: Registration closed for departmental review
- April 5: Eligible students may overload
- May 3: Last day to join a waitlist
- September 1: Waitlisting closed, all remaining students removed from waitlists
Check the charts below to determine when you can begin registering. Credits earned do not include credits you are currently registered for.
The registration system will be down for 24 hours beginning Tuesday, April 4 at 12:00 am and will re-open Thursday, April 5 at 12:00 am. When the system reopens, undergraduate students eligible to overload will be able to do so, and some major restrictions for undergraduate classes may be lifted (check course listings for any lifted restrictions).
Credits COMPLETED do not include credits you are currently registered for.
Program & Total Credits Earned
Date & Time
|Communication Disorders||Communication Disorders - All Students||Monday, 3/27 at 7:00 am|
|Health Communication - 12+ credits completed||Monday, 3/27 at 7:00 am|
|Health Communication - 0+ credits completed||Tuesday, 3/28 at 7:00 am|
|Communication Studies||Communication Management - All Students||Monday, 3/27 at 7:00 am|
|Journalism||Journalism - All Students||Monday, 3/27 at 7:00 am|
|Marketing Communication||IMC - 12+ credits completed||Monday, 3/27 at 7:00 am|
|IMC - 0+ credits completed||Tuesday, 3/28 at 7:00 am|
|Performing Arts||Theatre Education - All Students||Monday, 3/27 at 7:00 am|
|Visual & Media Arts||Media Art - 24+ credits completed||Monday, 3/27 at 7:00 am|
|Media Art - 0+ credits completed||Tuesday, 3/28 at 7:00 am|
|Writing for Film & Television||Monday, 3/27 at 7:00 am|
|Writing, Literature, & Publishing||Creative Writing - 24+ credits completed||Monday, 3/27 at 7:00 am|
|Creative Writing - 0+ credits completed||Tuesday, 3/28 at 7:00 am|
|Publishing - 16+ credits completed||Monday, 3/27 at 7:00 am|
|Publishing - 0+ credits completed||Tuesday, 3/28 at 7:00 am|
|Popular Fiction Writing & Publishing||Monday, 3/27 at 7:00 am|
|School of Communication||Civic Media Art and Practice||Monday, 3/27 at 7:00 am|
Credits earned do not include credits you are currently registered for.
Total Credits Earned
Date & Time
|92 credits or more completed||Monday, 3/27 at 7:00 am|
|76-91.99 credits completed||Tuesday, 3/28 at 7:00 am|
|60-75.99 credits completed||Wednesday, 3/29 at 7:00 am|
|44-59.99 credits completed||Thursday, 3/30 at 7:00 am|
|28-43.99 credits completed||Friday, 3/31 at 7:00 am|
|12-27.99 credits completed||Monday, 4/3 at 7:00 am|
|0-11.99 credits completed||Monday, 4/3 at 7:30 am|
Registration permission is required to over-enroll in a course or to waive a prerequisite or a registration restriction. Late registration permission is required for any courses added during the second week of Add/Drop (Restricted Add/Drop).
All registration permissions at Emerson are applied online only. Emails, phone calls, and handwritten letters from faculty are not acceptable.
All new students will be registered by the school. Schedules will be made available prior to the beginning of the semester.