Emerson IT's mission is to provide the community with the very best technology support creating a relationship of trust that enables the success of the College.
To provide exemplary service, maintain trust and collaboration, Emerson IT promises to:
Provide Polite and Respectful Service
- The IT Staff is committed to polite and professional conversation, service, and character in all interactions.
- The IT Staff will respect the diversity of our community during service visits, meetings, and all internal and external communication.
Provide Organized, Effective, and Responsive Service
- If an IT issue is not resolved during a service call, our technology users can expect a follow-up (which may include a request for more information, a proposed time for a service visit/call, a progress update, or a resolution):
- Immediately for widespread/critical issues.
- Within one business day for high-priority issues.
- Within two business days for normal-priority issues.
- IT is committed to recording and escalating issues in a graceful, efficient, and organized manner. The various IT areas will communicate clearly and ensure that issues are securely and appropriately escalated from one area to another.
- IT seeks feedback through surveys and through our online feedback form. We regularly review reports on response time, resolution time, and user satisfaction, and follow- up with users who report unsatisfactory service.
Listen, Partner, and Collaborate
- The IT Staff promises to listen carefully before acting on any issue, project, or initiative.
- The IT Staff will be available to discuss projects and provide technology expertise for departmental technology planning. We are your partners.
- The IT Staff will actively seek and provide opportunities to educate its user base and raise the technology proficiency of the entire campus.
Provide Open and Transparent Communication
- Emerson IT meets weekly to draft and strategize communication for alerts, announcements, customer survey results, and helpful information.
- In all IT communications, including social media, our blog, service calls, campus emails, and IT info sessions/fairs, Emerson IT strives to be open, accessible, and clear.
- IT invites project requests and discussion via its weekly Change Management meeting and online Project Center, allowing our users to align their initiatives with IT projects.