Center for Health & Wellness
About the Center
The Center for Health and Wellness provides many services for students. We can treat minor illnesses and injuries, help you manage your diet and weight, provide counseling and testing for STDs, and provide immunizations.
- Appointments for minor illnesses and injuries
- Appointments with a registered dietitian for education, diet plans, food allergies, weight management and eating disorders
- Prescriptions, when medically appropriate
- GYN services, including annual PAP tests and contraception counseling
- STD testing and counseling
- Tobacco and smoking cessation aid
- Immunization clinics
- Referrals to medical specialists or testing facilities
- Telephone consultations for self-care management
- Referral to a supervising physician (when required) for management of chronic health conditions
- Health and wellness education programs
- Alcohol and drug education programs
Services Not Provided
- Emergency services
- Dental service
- Eye exams for glasses or contacts
- On-site physical/occupational therapy
- On-site x-rays
Eligibility for Care
All undergraduate students are eligible for services. Graduate students are eligible if they have paid the Student Health Fee or if they are enrolled in Aetna Student Health Insurance.
Information concerning student visits to the Center for Health & Wellness, past medical history, medications, and health records are strictly confidential. Information is only released with the student's written permission, and is not accessible by parties outside of the Center, including parents, professors, or fellow students.
Parents have access to health information only if a student is under 18 years of age.