A free Emerson College writing experience for high school students.
During this college-based workshop, learn how to build your writing skills and express yourself through creative writing. Courses are taught by graduate students trained in Emerson College’s First Year Writing Program. Offerings include workshops in the following genres:
- Nonfiction, including travel writing, memoir, the essay, journalism, humor writing.
- Fiction, including the short story, sci-fi, fantasy, the graphic novel and other alternative forms of storytelling.
- Poetry, including spoken word poetry, confessional poetry, traditional verse forms, and more.
General Requirements for Participation
- Any high school student in a Boston public or charter school (Students in 8th grade are welcome to sign up and will be admitted on a space-available basis.)
- Able to attend Saturday workshops from 11:00 am–2:00 pm
To apply to EmersonWRITES, please submit the following information: