A free Emerson College writing experience for high school students.
During this college-based workshop, learn how to build your writing skills and express yourself through creative writing. Courses are taught by graduate students trained in Emerson College’s First Year Writing Program. Offerings include workshops in the following genres:
- Nonfiction, including travel writing, memoir, the essay, journalism, humor writing.
- Fiction, including the short story, sci-fi, fantasy, the graphic novel and other alternative forms of storytelling.
- Poetry, including spoken word poetry, confessional poetry, traditional verse forms, and more.
See descriptions of all four courses that we offer this year!
General Requirements for Participation
- Any high school student in a Boston public or charter school may attend (students in 8th grade are welcome to sign up and will be admitted if space is available)
- Able to attend Saturday workshops from 10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Questions? Call us at 617-824-8600 between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Emersonwrites Schedule 2014-2015
Watch this video to learn more about emersonWRITES from teachers and students involved in previous workshops: