A free Emerson College writing experience for high school students.
During this college-based workshop, learn how to build your writing skills and express yourself through creative writing. Courses are taught by graduate students trained in Emerson College’s First-Year Writing Program. Offerings include workshops in the following genres:
- Nonfiction, including travel writing, memoir, the essay, journalism, humor writing.
- Fiction, including the short story, sci-fi, fantasy, the graphic novel and other alternative forms of storytelling.
- Poetry, including spoken word poetry, confessional poetry, traditional verse forms, and more.
See all four courses that we will offer for 2015-16!
General Requirements for Participation
- Any high school student in a Greater Boston high school may attend
- Students in 8th grade are welcome to sign up and will be admitted if space is available
- Must be able to attend Saturday workshops from 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Please note that all emersonWRITES courses are currently full. Students who would still like to apply will be added to our waitlist and informed if they can join our classes at a later date. We are sorry for the inconvenience!
Questions? Call Christopher Grant at 617-824-8444 between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Emersonwrites Schedule 2015-2016
- October 17, 24, 31
- November 7, 14, 21
- December 5, 12
- January 16, 23, 30
- February 6, 13, 20
- Final Showcase Sunday, February 28
Watch this video to learn more about emersonWRITES from teachers and students involved in previous workshops: