A free Emerson College writing experience for high school students.
During this college-based workshop, learn how to build your writing skills and express yourself through creative writing. Courses are taught by graduate students trained in Emerson College’s First-Year Writing Program. Offerings include workshops in the following genres:
- Nonfiction, including travel writing, memoir, the essay, journalism, humor writing.
- Fiction, including the short story, sci-fi, fantasy, the graphic novel and other alternative forms of storytelling.
- Poetry, including spoken word poetry, confessional poetry, traditional verse forms, and more.
See all four courses that we will offer for 2015-16!
General Requirements for Participation
- Any high school student in a Boston public or charter school may attend
- Students in 8th grade are welcome to sign up and will be admitted if space is available
- Must be able to attend Saturday workshops from 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Questions? Call Christopher Grant at 617-824-8444 between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Emersonwrites Schedule 2015-2016
- October 17, 24, 31
- November 7, 14, 21
- December 5, 12
- January 16, 23, 30
- February 6, 13, 20
- Final Showcase Sunday, February 28
Watch this video to learn more about emersonWRITES from teachers and students involved in previous workshops: