Apply as a freshman if you are currently a high school student, if you have graduated from high school and have taken fewer than 9 college credits, or you have not yet gone to college.
1. Submit your application
You will receive an application acknowledgement via email once your online application has been submitted. You will also receive acknowledgement via email when your application becomes complete, including all supporting credentials.
2. Supporting Academic Credentials
The following supporting credentials are required for freshmen (first-year) applicants. Please include your full name and date of birth on all application materials that you submit.
- High school transcript and School Report: A School Report must be completed by your secondary school counselor or another school official, and must be submitted along with an official, signed transcript from your high school. We encourage you to submit first marking period grades with the transcript. Please send us official signed transcripts from all high schools you have attended.
All transcripts must include an English translation if they are in a foreign language. Translations must be performed by an official agency and be accompanied by the original document.
- Teacher evaluation: A minimum of one official teacher evaluation from someone who has taught you in an academic subject (i.e., English, social studies, science, foreign language, or history) must be submitted.
- SAT or ACT test results: If you listed Emerson College as a score recipient when you took the SAT or ACT, we will have your results on file. If not, please request that an official score report is sent to Emerson College directly from College Board (SAT) or ACT. Our SAT code is 3367. Our ACT code is 1820. We will review your application with SAT or ACT results that are indicated on an official transcript sent from your high school, but you must still submit an official score report.
- First marking period grades and Mid-Year Report: We ask that all applicants submit first marking period (first quarter, midterm, first trimester) or midyear (second quarter, first semester, second trimester) grades when they become available. We understand that school schedules for releasing report cards vary quite a bit. Grade reports alone will not prevent your application from being reviewed, but they must be submitted as soon as they become available.
We encourage you to submit application materials online through the Common Application. You can also mail supporting credentials to:
Emerson College Undergraduate
Admission Processing Center
PO Box 880
Randolph, MA 02368-8880
3. Major- or Program-Specific Requirements
Additional application materials are required for the following:
4. Check the Status of Your Application Credentials
Within 1 week of submitting your application, you will receive an email from Emerson College with an Emerson ID. You can use your Emerson ID and date of birth to log into the Application Portal to determine whether your application is complete or incomplete.
Please keep in mind that it may take up to 2 weeks for credentials to show in our system after they have been received. Materials that are postmarked by the appropriate application deadline will be considered on time. Feel free to contact us if your application materials do not show in the Application Portal within 2 weeks.
5. Apply for Financial Aid and learn about Merit Scholarships
If you apply for Regular Decision, please do not wait for an admission decision before you complete your financial aid application.
6. Watch for Updates from Emerson College
We will send you information to the mailing address and email address listed on your application. Please make sure to check your mail and email so that we can provide you with important updates. We also ask that you update your email settings to allow correspondence from firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember that if you opt out of emails from Emerson College, you may miss important deadline reminders!
7. Decision Notification
Notification deadlines are posted on our dates, deadlines, and options for admission page.