Undergraduate Admission

Spring Transfer Timeline

Here is what to do after you submit your enrollment deposit:

Create your ECnet Account

Once you have submitted your enrollment deposit, you’ll receive an email inviting you to sign up for an ECnet account. Please do so as soon as possible.

Watch for updates

Your ECmail account is the primary way in which Emerson College will communicate with you. We recommend you check it regularly.

Log in to ECmail »

Review Financial Information

If you have completed a financial aid application, you will receive a Financial Assistance Statement in the Application Portal from the Office of Financial Aid within two weeks of receiving an acceptance. You are welcome to contact the Office of Financial Aid at finaid@emerson.edu or 617-824-8655 with questions or concerns.

In January, you will receive instructions for accepting your Financial Assistance Statement online. Please do so as soon as possible.

Housing Information

We encourage you to work with Off-Campus Student Services to find an apartment in Boston. You also have the option to join our housing wait list by logging in to eCommon after submitting your Enrollment Deposit. Housing will notify you as soon as possible regarding your waitlist status, but this may not happen until early January.

View our residency requirements »

Watch the Off-Campus Housing Webinar »

Advising and Registration Information

Academic Advising will begin to contact to contact incoming students in mid-December and will continue to do so into early January. Course schedules are posted in eCommon just prior to the start of the semester. You will be notified via email when your final course schedule becomes available.

Transferring Credits

  • You will be able to view a Transfer Credit Evaluation in the Application Portal within and up to two weeks after you've been accepted.

View the transfer credit policy »

Major Changes

Please note that incoming students may not request to change majors into the Visual and Media Arts department or the Performing Arts department.

If you are considering a major change before December 15, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at admission@emerson.edu. You will hear from an Admission Counselor within one week as to whether your request can be approved.

If you are considering a major change after December 15, please contact the Academic Advising Center at advising@emerson.edu. You will hear from Advising in early January as to whether your request can be approved.

Once you matriculate, we will ask you to wait until your second semester at the College to request a change of major. All changes require approval of the department Chair. Information regarding the major change process and qualifications required for specific programs is available from the Academic Advising Center.

Pay Tuition Bill


Tuition bills begin to post in eCommon in December (or shortly after you deposit) and are due by January 5.

Learn about the billing process »

Submit Health Information

Deadline: january 5, 2015

All incoming students are required to register and log into the secure Online Student Health (OSH) Portal to complete a medical history, submit immunization records, and complete a Tuberculosis Risk Assessment Questionnaire. We will notify students and provide more detailed information when the OSH becomes available in mid-December. To get started as soon as possible, download the Immunization Verification Form to bring to your health care provider to complete, sign and date. You will need the form to enter information in the OSH, and you will receive instructions for submitting the form itself.

OSH Guide »

Submit Proof of Graduation


All transfer students are required to have an official final college and secondary school transcripts on file at Emerson before they can matriculate. The final transcript must be signed, stamped, or sealed by a school official and include a graduation date.

Please mail transcripts to:

Emerson College Undergraduate Admission Processing Center
PO Box 880
Randolph, MA 02368-0880

We will also accept electronic final transcripts from your high school that are submitted by a recognized third-party vendor.

Other acceptable forms of Proof of Graduation include:

  • Official copy of documentation sent directly from the IB Organization indicating that a diploma has been awarded
  • If your school is not accredited by the US and does not issue US diplomas, a credential evaluation of your diploma/certificate stating it is equivalent to a U.S. diploma
  • Official A-level results from the testing organization or high school which indicates that 5 GCSEs with a grade of C or better in academic subjects (3 of them A-levels) have been taken
  • A Graduate Equivalency Diploma (GED) sent directly from the testing organization
  • Home-schooled students have the additional option to submit a letter from a local school district official or state education agency certifying that the student received an education substantially equivalent to instruction given to students graduating from high school in a public or private institution

Orientation and Moving to Boston

JANUARY 15–19, 2015

Student Life will send you information about Orientation in early January.

Visit the Winter Orientation page»