Undergraduate Admission

Fall Transfer Timeline

Here is what to do after you submit your enrollment deposit:

Create your ECnet Account

Once you have submitted your enrollment deposit, you’ll receive an email inviting you to sign up for an ECnet account. Please do so as soon as possible.

  • Forgot your ECnet password? If you’ve misplaced your ECnet password, you can reset it online.
  • You can track your progress through the items on this timeline by viewing your Incoming Student Checklist in eCommon.

Watch for updates

Your ECmail account is the primary way in which Emerson College will communicate with you. We recommend you check it regularly.

Log in to ECmail »

Review Financial Information


Financial packages for accepted transfer students who applied for financial aid by April 2 will post in the Application Portal by mid-May. Learn more by visiting the Office of Financial Aid website.  

Please direct all questions and concerns regarding the Merit Scholarship process to the Admission Office.

Accept your Financial Assistance Statement


If applicable, please view and accept your Financial Assistance Statement in the Application Portal once you receive instructions for doing so. We will email you instructions at the end of June. You are welcome to contact the Office of Financial Aid at 617-824-8655 with any questions about your financial package.

Housing Information

Off-Campus Housing

Most transfer students live off campus. We encourage you to work with Off-Campus Student Services to find an apartment in Boston. OCSS offers all of the support you need to navigate your apartment search, including finding roommates and apartment listings. Once you are living off campus, OCSS helps you get connected to your neighborhood in Boston through off-campus programming.

Off-Campus Apartment Workshops

We invite you to attend one of our upcoming Off-Campus Apartment Workshops here at Emerson. You will learn the best ways to find an apartment and roommates in the Boston area, and you might even meet your future roommates at the event!

On Campus Housing

If you would like to be considered for on campus housing, you are welcome to join our housing wait list by logging in to eCommon after submitting your Enrollment Deposit. Housing will provide an update on your wait list status as soon as they are able to do so, but most students will not have a final decision until early to mid-August.

We recommend joining the housing wait list if:

  • You are comfortable waiting until mid-August to secure off-campus housing in the event that you are not offered on campus housing.
  • You will meet the the June 15 deadline to provide proof of graduation, the July 1 deadline for immunization requirements, and the August 1 deadline to pay your bill in full.
  • You have been out of high school for three years or less.

If you decide to make other arrangements for housing after you have joined the wait list, it is very important that you return to eCommon to remove yourself from the wait list.

View our residency requirements »

Watch the Off-Campus Housing Webinar »

Submit a Final College Transcript


Make sure to submit a final college transcript so that your credits from the spring semester can be evaluated and considered when you register for classes. 

Submit Proof of Graduation


All incoming students must provide proof of secondary school graduation before they will be allowed to attend Emerson. Acceptable forms of proof of graduation are outlined on the proof of graduation page.

Please mail proof of graduation to:

Emerson College Undergraduate Admission Processing Center
PO Box 880
Randolph, MA 02368-0880

Submit Health Information


All incoming students are required to register and log into the secure Online Student Health (OSH) Portal to complete a medical history, submit immunization records, and complete a Tuberculosis Risk Assessment Questionnaire. To get started at any point in time, download the Immunization Verification Form to bring to your health care provider to complete, sign and date. You will need the form to enter information in the OSH.

OSH Guide»

Advising and Registration Information

Academic Advising will mail you registration information by the end of June. Please return all materials as instructed by the deadline indicated in the instructions. If you don’t receive materials by the end of June, contact the Advising Center at 617-824-7876.

Transferring Credits

  • You will be able to view a Transfer Credit Evaluation in the Application Portal within two weeks of being accepted.
  • You can submit a transcript for any summer college coursework by August 15. Evaluations are usually completed within a few weeks.

View the transfer credit policy »

Major Changes

Please note that incoming students may not request to change majors into the Visual and Media Arts department or the Performing Arts department.

If you are considering a major change before you deposit, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at admission@emerson.edu. You will hear from an admission counselor within one week as to whether your request can be approved.

If you are considering a major change after you deposit, please contact the Academic Advising Center at advising@emerson.edu. Advising will note that you would like to change your major, and then will consider requests according to program space availability in mid to late summer.

Once you matriculate in the fall, we will ask you to wait until your second semester at the College to request a change of major. All changes require approval of the department Chair. Information regarding the major change process and qualifications required for specific programs is available from the Academic Advising Center.

Pay Tuition Bill


The Office of Student Accounts will notify you when your bill posts online, which is usually by the end of June. Bills are due by August 3.

Learn about the billing process »

Orientation and Moving to Boston


You can learn about Orientation and what to bring to college on the Orientation page.