Spring International Timeline
Now that you've submitted your Enrollment Deposit, here's what to expect.
Create your ECnet Account
Once you have submitted your enrollment deposit, you’ll receive an email inviting you to sign up for an ECnet account. Please do so as soon as possible.
- Forgot your ECnet password? You can reset it online.
- You can track your progress through the items on this timeline by viewing your Incoming Student Checklist in eCommon.
Watch for updates
Your ECmail account is the primary way in which Emerson College will communicate with you. We recommend you check it regularly.
Submit documentation to receive your I-20 Form for a Student Visa
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT PAPERWORK: WITHIN TWO WEEKS OF ADMISSION
We typically process I-20s for deposited students starting in late November. Follow these steps to obtain your I-20:
Submit your nonrefundable $500 Enrollment Deposit in the Application Portal. Then, submit the following documentation:
International Student Contact Form
This form provides information necessary for your I-20 Form (immigration document).
Bank Document (Sample PDF)
Please provide us with a bank document that meets the following criteria:
- In English
- In U.S. Dollars
- An original copy
- Showing a minimum of US $52,000
- Signed by a bank official
- Issued within 6 months of the start date of your program. (Please note that the funds must be liquid: real estate and forms of property are not acceptable forms of documentation.) Please view our Financial Documentation guidelines »
Letter of Sponsorship (PDF)
If your official bank letter represents finances of someone other than you, you must include this letter of sponsorship. Make sure your financial sponsor signs and dates the letter.
Please submit a copy of the biographical/identification page of your passport. This is the page that shows your photo, your date of birth, passport number, date that the passport was issued, expiration date, and country of citizenship.
- International Student Contact Form
Once you receive your I-20 and SEVIS information
You must pay the SEVIS fee. More information »
- You must contact your nearest consulate or embassy to schedule an interview.
- 10 Points to Remember When Applying for a Nonimmigrant Visa.
- Education USA
International Transfer Students
For students attending colleges and universities within the United States, please look over the procedures for maintaining your F-1 visa status.
In addition to the items listed above, you must also submit one copy of each form from below:
- Current F-1 student visa
- Form I-94 arrival/departure record
- Previous Form I-20
- Transfer Verification Form
Make Housing Arrangements
Deadline: December 15, 2015
First-year students: After submitting your Enrollment Deposit, visit eCommon and log in using your ECnet username and password. Freshmen will see an option to complete the online Housing Application Form. Please do so as soon as possible. Housing assignments are sent in early January.
Transfer students: Contact Off-Campus Student Services to find an apartment in Boston. You can also join the Housing Waitlist in eCommon. Housing will contact you as soon as possible regarding your waitlist status, but this may not happen until early January.
Submit Proof of Graduation
Deadline: january 8, 2016
All incoming students must provide proof of secondary school graduation before they will be allowed to attend Emerson. Acceptable forms of proof of graduation are outlined on the proof of graduation page.
Advising and Registration Information
Academic Advising will begin to contact to contact incoming students in mid-December and will continue to do so into early January. Course schedules are posted in eCommon just prior to the start of the semester. You will be notified via email when your final course schedule becomes available.
- First-year students may be awarded transfer credit for college coursework taken prior to enrolling at Emerson or for taking Advanced Placement or IB exams.
- Transfer students will be able to view a Transfer Credit Evaluation in the Application Portal within two weeks of receiving an offer of admission.
In general, we ask that you remain in the major to which you were admitted for at least your first semester at Emerson.
Pay Tuition Bill
DEADLINE: DECEMBER 15, 2015
You will be notified by email when your tuition bill posts online. This usually happens within a week of your enrollment deposit.
Submit Health Information
Deadline: january 5, 2016
All incoming students are required to register and log into the secure online Student Health Portal (OSH) to complete a medical history, submit immunization records, and complete a Tuberculosis Risk Assessment Questionnaire. To get started at any point in time, download the Immunization Verification Form to bring to your health care provider to complete, sign and date. You will need the form to enter information in the OSH.
Orientation and Moving to Boston
JANUARY 7-15, 2016
Student Life will send you information about Orientation in early January.