Fall International Timeline
Now that you've submitted your Enrollment Deposit, here's what to expect.
Create your ECnet Account
Once you have submitted your enrollment deposit, you’ll receive an email inviting you to sign up for an ECnet account. Please do so as soon as possible.
- Forgot your ECnet password? You can reset it online.
- You can track your progress through the items on this timeline by viewing your Incoming Student Checklist in eCommon.
Watch for updates
Your ECmail account is the primary way in which Emerson College will communicate with you. We recommend you check it regularly.
Submit documentation to receive your I-20 Form for a Student Visa
DEADLINE: MAY 15 OR WITHIN TWO WEEKS OF ADMISSION (WHICHEVER IS LATER)
We begin to process and send I-20s during the month of June. Follow these steps to obtain your I-20:
Submit your nonrefundable $500 Enrollment Deposit in the Application Portal. Then, submit the following documentation via email at email@example.com or fax to 617-824-8609:
International Student Contact Form
This form provides information necessary for your I-20 Form (immigration document).
Bank Document (Sample PDF)
Please provide us with a bank document that meets the following criteria:
- In English
- In U.S. Dollars
- Showing a minimum of US $57,000
- Signed by a bank official
- Issued within 12 months of the start date of your program. (Please note that the funds must be liquid: real estate and forms of property are not acceptable forms of documentation.) Please view our Financial Documentation guidelines »
Letter of Sponsorship (PDF)
If your official bank letter represents finances of someone other than you, you must include this letter of sponsorship. Make sure your financial sponsor signs and dates the letter.
Please submit a copy of the biographical/identification page of your passport. This is the page that shows your photo, your date of birth, passport number, date that the passport was issued, expiration date, and country of citizenship.
- International Student Contact Form
Once you receive your I-20 and SEVIS information
- You must pay the SEVIS fee. More information »
- You must contact your nearest consulate or embassy to schedule an interview.
- Other helpful information:
International Transfer Students
For students attending colleges and universities within the United States, please look over the procedures for maintaining your F-1 visa status.
In addition to the items listed above, you must also submit one copy of each form from below:
- Current F-1 student visa
- Form I-94 arrival/departure record (the small white card stapled into your passport)
- Previous Form I-20
- Transfer Verification Form
Sign Up for Housing
Deadline: June 30
After submitting your enrollment deposit, visit eCommon and login with your ECnet username and password. Freshmen will see an option to complete the online Housing Application Form starting in February. Housing assignments are sent in late July. Move-in dates are posted in late June.
Submit Health Information
DEADLINE: JULY 15
All incoming students are required to register and log into the secure Online Student Health (OSH) Portal to complete a medical history, submit immunization records, and complete a Tuberculosis Risk Assessment Questionnaire. To get started at any point in time, download the Immunization Verification Form to bring to your health care provider to complete, sign and date. You will need the form to enter information in the OSH.
Submit Proof of Graduation
DEADLINE: JULY 15
All incoming students must provide proof of secondary school graduation before they will be allowed to attend Emerson. Acceptable forms of proof of graduation are outlined on the proof of graduation page.
Please mail proof of graduation to:
Emerson College Undergraduate Admission Processing Center
PO Box 880
Randolph, MA 02368-0880
Advising and Registration Information
Academic Advising will mail first-year registration instructions in mid-June. Please return all materials by the deadline listed in the instructions. Registration instructions for transfer students will be sent by the end of June, and will be due shortly after you receive them.
- First-year students may be awarded transfer credit for college coursework taken prior to enrolling at Emerson or for taking Advanced Placement or IB exams. Exam scores like those from the International Baccalaureate, German Abitur, European Baccalaureate, French Baccalaureat, and Swiss Maturité do not have to be translated or evaluated in order to be considered for transfer credit.
- If you would like to receive a credit and/or exam score evaluation, submit official final college transcripts and/or exam scores to Emerson College Undergraduate Admission Processing Center, PO Box 880, Randolph, MA 02368-0880 by July 15. You can submit a transcript for any Summer 2015 college coursework by August 15. Evaluations are usually complete within a few weeks.
If you are considering a major change prior to May 15, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will hear from an admission counselor within one week as to whether your request can be approved.
If you are considering a major change after May 15, please contact the Academic Advising Center at email@example.com. Advising will note that you would like to change your major, and then will consider requests according to program space availability in mid to late summer.
Once you matriculate in the fall, we will ask you to wait until your second semester at the College to request a change of major. All changes require approval of the department Chair. Information regarding the major change process and qualifications required for specific programs is available from the Academic Advising Center.
Pay Tuition Bill
Deadline: August 3
Tuition bills will be available online by the end of June and are due by August 3.
Orientation and Moving to Boston
END OF AUGUST, 2015