Undergraduate Admission

Spring Freshmen Timeline

Here is what to do after you submit your enrollment deposit:

Create your ECnet Account

Once you have submitted your enrollment deposit, you’ll receive an email inviting you to sign up for an ECnet account. Please do so as soon as possible.

Watch for updates

Your ECmail account is the primary way in which Emerson College will communicate with you. We recommend you check it regularly.

Log in to ECmail »

Review Financial Information

If you have completed a financial aid application, you will receive a Financial Assistance Statement in the Application Portal from the Office of Financial Aid within two weeks of receiving an acceptance. You are welcome to contact the Office of Financial Aid at finaid@emerson.edu or 617-824-8655 with questions or concerns.

In January, you will receive instructions for signing your Financial Assistance Statement online. Please do so as soon as possible.

Sign up for Housing


Visit eCommon and log in with your ECnet username and password. Freshmen will see an option to complete the online Housing Application Form. Please do so as soon as possible. Housing assignments are emailed in January just prior to the start of the semester.

Learn about the residency requirements »

Learn about Housing »

Advising and Registration

Academic Advising will begin to contact incoming students in mid-December and will continue to do so into early January. Course schedules are posted in eCommon just prior to the start of the semester. You will be notified via email when your final course schedule becomes available.

Transferring Credits

  • First-year students may be awarded transfer credit for college coursework taken prior to enrolling at Emerson or for taking Advanced Placement or IB exams.
  • If you would like to receive a credit and/or exam score evaluation, submit official final college transcripts and score reports to Emerson College Undergraduate Admission Processing Center, PO Box 880, Randolph, MA 02368-0880 by January 10. Evaluations are usually complete within a few weeks.

Major Changes

Please note that incoming students may not request to change majors into the Visual and Media Arts department or the Performing Arts department.

If you are considering a major change prior to December 16, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at admission@emerson.edu. You will hear from an Admission Counselor within one week as to whether your request can be approved.

If you are considering a major change after December 16, please contact the Academic Advising Center at advising@emerson.edu. You will hear from Advising in early January as to whether your request can be approved.

Once you matriculate, we will ask you to wait until your second semester at the College to request a change of major. All changes require approval of the department Chair. Information regarding the major change process and qualifications required for specific programs is available from the Academic Advising Center.

Pay Tuition Bill


Tuition bills begin to post in December (or shortly after you deposit) and are due by January 5.

Learn about the billing process »

Submit Health Forms

Deadline: january 5

Full-time students should carefully read the Pre-Entrance Health Requirements Policy. In order to begin classes and/or take residency, students must download and complete the Entrance Health Form and provide documentation of compliance with all health requirements by January 4. We encourage you to start this process as soon as possible.

Learn about the Pre-Entrance Health Requirements Policy »

Submit Proof of Graduation


All students are required to have an official final secondary school transcript (or GED) on file at Emerson before they will be allowed to matriculate. The final transcript deadline is January 10. If you took college coursework in the fall, please also submit a final college transcript.

The final transcript must be signed, stamped, or sealed by a school official and include a graduation date.

Please mail transcripts to:

Emerson College Undergraduate Admission Processing Center
PO Box 880
Randolph, MA 02368-0880

We will also accept electronic final transcripts from your high school that are submitted by a recognized third-party vendor.

Proof of Graduation requirements for Home-Schooled students »

Orientation and Moving to Boston

You can learn about move-in, computer purchasing information, and what to bring to college on the Orientation page.