Fall Freshmen Timeline
Here is what to do after you submit your enrollment deposit:
Create your ECnet Account
Once you have submitted your enrollment deposit, you’ll receive an email inviting you to sign up for an ECnet account. Please do so as soon as possible.
- Forgot your ECnet password? You can reset it online.
- You can track your progress through the items on this timeline by viewing your Incoming Student Checklist in eCommon.
Watch for updates
Your ECmail account is the primary way in which Emerson College will communicate with you. We recommend you check it regularly.
Review Financial Information
deadline: MAY 1
Financial packages for Early Action accepted students who apply for financial aid by February 2 will post in the Application Portal in mid-March. Financial packages for students who apply for financial aid by March 2 will post in the Application Portal in early April. Learn more by visiting the Office of Financial Aid website.
Please direct all questions and concerns regarding the Merit Scholarship process to the Admission Office.
Accept your Financial Assistance Statement
DEADLINE: JUNE 30
Please view and accept your Financial Assistance Statement in the Application Portal once you receive instructions for doing so. We will email you instructions at the end of June. You are welcome to contact the Office of Financial Aid at 617-824-8655 with any questions about your financial package.
Sign Up for Housing
Deadline: june 30
After submitting your enrollment deposit, visit eCommon and login with your ECnet username and password. Freshmen will see an option to complete the online Housing Application Form starting in February. Housing assignments emailed in late July. Move-in dates are posted in late June.
Submit Health Information
DEADLINE: JULY 15
All incoming students are required to register and log into the secure Online Student Health (OSH) Portal to complete a medical history, submit immunization records, and complete a Tuberculosis Risk Assessment Questionnaire. To get started at any point in time, download the Immunization Verification Form to bring to your health care provider to complete, sign and date. You will need the form to enter information in the OSH.
Submit Proof of Graduation
Deadline: July 15
All incoming students must provide proof of secondary school graduation before they will be allowed to attend Emerson. Acceptable forms of proof of graduation include one of the following:
- A final high school transcript from a US High School or US accredited high school, including a date of graduation, and is signed, stamped, or sealed by a school official, and sent from your high school or recognized third-party vendor.
- Official copy of IB Diploma documentation sent directly from the International Baccalaureate (IB) Organization indicating that a diploma has been awarded.
- A Graduate Equivalency Diploma (GED) sent directly from the testing organization
- Official National Exam results indicating a passing score, including GCE/GCSE exams (O-Level and AS-level), India Secondary School Examinations, Caribbean Examination Council (CXC) Exams, and CAPE I. Please note that if you are unable to have official scores sent from the exam agency, please have them sent from your HS, with official school stamp and signature of school official.
- If your school is not accredited by the US and does not issue US diplomas, a credential evaluation of your diploma/certificate stating it is equivalent to a U.S. diploma. For specific requirements, please work with an outside credential evaluation service like the Center for Educational Documentation or Educational Credential Evaluators. You can view exact instructions and requirements on the CED or ECE websites.
- Home-schooled students have the additional option to submit a letter from a local school district official or state education agency certifying that the student received an education substantially equivalent to instruction given to students graduating from high school in a public or private institution
Please mail proof of graduation to:
Emerson College Undergraduate Admission Processing Center
PO Box 880
Randolph, MA 02368-0880
Advising and Registration Information
Academic Advising will mail you registration instructions in mid-June. Please return all materials as instructed by the deadline indicated in the instructions.
- First-year students may be awarded transfer credit for college coursework taken prior to enrolling at Emerson or for taking Advanced Placement or IB exams.
- If you would like to receive a credit and/or exam score evaluation, submit official final college transcripts and/or exam scores to Emerson College Undergraduate Admission Processing Center, PO Box 880, Randolph, MA 02368-0880 by July 15. You can submit a transcript for any Summer 2015 college coursework by August 15. Evaluations are usually complete within a few weeks.
If you are considering a major change prior to May 15, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will hear from an admission counselor within one week as to whether your request can be approved.
If you are considering a major change after May 15, please contact the Academic Advising Center at email@example.com. Advising will note that you would like to change your major, and then will consider requests according to program space availability in mid to late summer.
Once you matriculate in the fall, we will ask you to wait until your second semester at the College to request a change of major. All changes require approval of the department Chair. Information regarding the major change process and qualifications required for specific programs is available from the Academic Advising Center.
Pay Tuition Bill
Deadline: August 1
Tuition bills will be available online by late June and are due by August 1.
Orientation and Moving to Boston
End of august, 2015