Graduates of Emerson’s MFA program are award-winning writers and poets who publish novels, story and poetry collections, memoirs, and critical essays. Their work is featured in a variety of popular and literary magazines.
Many balance their writing pursuits with complementary positions in the worlds of publishing and education. Some have gone on to establish their own literary journals and many teach in colleges and universities around the country.
Selected Books by Emerson MFA Alumni
- The Other Half of Life, Kim Ablon Whitney, MFA ’03
- What the World Will Look Like When All the Water Leaves Us, Laura van den Berg, MFA ’08
- Outscapes: Writings on Fences and Frontiers, Jessie Janeshek, MFA ’05
- Lonely Planet Chile and Easter Island, Carolyn McCarthy, MFA ’03
- 101 Baseball Places to See Before You Strike Out, Josh Pahigian, MFA ’01
- Life Disrupted, Laurie Edwards, MFA ’06
- Live Nude Girl, Kathleen Rooney, MFA ’05
- The Temporary Life, Eric Wasserman, MFA ’02
- This Must Be the Place, Kate Racculia, MFA ’05
- Hold Love Strong, Matthew Goodman, MFA ’00
- The Nearest Exit, Olen Steinhauer, MFA ’99