Department of Visual and Media Arts
Meet the Faculty
To get a sense of the diverse range of talent and creative energy percolating throughout Emerson, look no further than our exceptional faculty who, in addition to leading students inside the classroom and studio, are also active award-winning media professionals.
- Jonathan Wacks, Chair, filmmaker
- Jan Roberts-Breslin, Associate Professor & Graduate Program Director, independent media artist
- John Craig Freeman, Associate Professor, computer animation
- Eric Gordon, Associate Professor, new media scholar
- Cristina Kotz Cornejo, Associate Professor, independent filmmaker
- Lauren Shaw, Associate Professor, documentary filmmaker
Faculty Bios & Work
Caption: Ted ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium que ladantium, totam rem aperiam.
Media Art (MFA) AT A GLANCE
Fall admission only
Deadline: February 15
Full-time, three-year program
Class size: 30 incoming students each year
AREAS OF STUDY
Jan Roberts-Breslin, Media Art (MFA) Graduate Program Director and Associate Professor, is an independent media artist whose work has been broadcast on PBS and has received national and international festival awards. She is also the author of Making Media: Foundations of Sound and Image Production. Learn more »
At Emerson, when there’s a will, there’s a way. Some inventive Visual and Media Arts students have found a new means to raise funds to film and produce their work. It’s something called crowdfunding, through the online platform Kickstarter.com.