Department of Performing Arts
Careers & Internships in Performing Arts
Performing Arts students can take courses in drafting.
The Performing Arts program prepares students to enter both the production and performance aspects of professional and educational theater. The graduates of this program pursue a variety of careers after graduation including, but not limited to, production, performance, teaching, and arts administration. The combination of coursework, co-curricular activities, and internship opportunities prepare students for the world of work. See examples of jobs and internships of recent graduates and current students below.
Jobs of Recent Performing Arts Graduates
- Actor, War Horse on Broadway
- First Assistant Stage Manager, Cyrano de Bergerac, Roundabout Theatre
- Lighting Team Foreman, Cirque du Soleil, Macao and U.S. Tours
- Carpenter, The Studio Theatre, Washington D.C.
- Stage Management Intern, Centerstage, Baltimore
- Actor, National Tour of South Pacific
- Teacher, Prospect Hill Academy
- Second Assistant Stage Manager, National Tour of La Cage aux Folles
- Actor, The Lyric Stage Company of Boston
- Associate Company Manager, Sister Act on Broadway
- Resident Lighting Assistant, Berkeley Repertory Theatre
- Director, SpeakEasy Stage Company
- Assistant Stage Manager, The Shakespeare Theatre Company, Washington, D.C.
- Operations Office Assistant, Public Theater
- Producer, The Scottsboro Boys on Broadway
- Actor, Missoula Children’s Theater
- Lighting Designer, Trey Songz International Tour
- Teacher, Boston Public Schools
- Production Assistant, MTV Awards 2012
- Actor, Hair on Broadway
- Arts Director, West End House Boys and Girls Club, Boston
- Lighting Supervisor, Boston Ballet
- Rigging Team Foreman, Cirque du Soleil, Macao and U.S. Tours
- Operations Assistant, Broadway Across America – Boston
- Producer, War Horse on Broadway
- Production Assistant, Playwrights Horizons
- Actor, New Repertory Theatre
Internships of Recent Performing Arts Students and Graduates
- Stage Management Apprentice, American Conservatory Theater
- Intern, Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS
- Education Intern, Paper Mill Playhouse
- Casting Intern, Boston Casting
- Lighting Intern, High Output, Inc.
- Company Management Intern, Contemporary American Theatre Festival
- Stage Management Intern, Wicked on Broadway
- Education Intern, Huntington Theatre Company
- Development Intern, Manhattan Theatre Club
Jennifer Coolidge '85
Famous for her roles in Best in Show and American Pie, actress Jennifer Coolidge '85 shares how she landed her first big break.