Department of Marketing Communication
Careers & Internships in Marketing Communication
What key factors distinguish an Emerson College education? Project-based academic preparation, participation in numerous co-curricular activities, and industry experience gained from internships and other employment opportunities. This is the kind of blend that will help you make significant contributions in the marketplace.
Employers also value the ability of Emerson graduates to communicate concepts and ideas. Our Career Services Office helps you to develop these and other business skills through individual appointments, workshops, industry panels and visits, and other programs that bring the world of communication and the arts to the Emerson campus.
Our Marketing Communications graduates are working in a variety of for-profit and nonprofit settings, building careers in fields such as advertising, event management, corporate communications, and publicity.
A Sampling of Jobs of Recent Marketing Communications Graduates
- Communication Coordinator, Viacom Boston
- Assistant Buyer, Saks Fifth Avenue
- Public Affairs Associate, Biogen
- Senior Sales Coordinator, Network Music (a division of BMG)
- Administrative Assistant, Fort Franklin
- Project Director, Pert Survey Research
- Assistant Promotions Director, New Century Brewing Company
- West Coast Promotions Assistant, Jive Records/Zomba Label Group
- Marketing Assistant, NETC
- Office Administrator, Earth Tech
- Account Executive, BMP Radio LP (Digital 92.7)
- Account Coordinator, Lopez-Negrete Communications
- Group Assistant, J. Walther Thompson
- Program Coordinator, Wells College
- Media Relations, Saatchi & Saatchi
- Sales, Christian Dior Inc.
- Talent Agent, Brick Entertainment
- Marketing Assistant, Neiman Marcus
- Media Planner, Hill Holliday
- Communications Coordinator, Viacom Boston
- Assistant Account Executive, Laura Tomasetti & Associates PR
- Event Planner, Les Zygomates
- Event Planner, Premiere Radio Networks
- Publicist Assistant, Warner Brothers Television
- Staff Assistant, Capital Records
- Director of Operations, Grand Image Marketing
- Account Coordinator, Team One
- Marketing Associate, Creative Resources Group
- Account Executive, Revolution Group
- Personal Assistant, Pauly Shore
- Project Manager, Up With People
- Investigator/Advocate, Office of Attorney General
Junior Product Consultant, Eze Castle Software
Doug Herzog '81
Doug Herzog '81, the president of MTV Networks Entertainment Group, recalls that a fellow alumnus at CNN gave him a chance. Many big-name Emerson graduates do the same, and the network will only get stronger when Emerson opens its new LA Center. Recent Emerson graduate Khellie Braxton got the chance to meet Herzog during her internship at Comedy Central.
Doug Holloway '76
Doug Holloway '76, recent President of NBC Network Distribution Partnerships and Affiliate Marketing, won the EVVY Awards Alumni Award of Distinction at the 29th Annual EVVY Awards. Holloway is also a member of the Emerson College Board of Trustees as well as the Board of the National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications (NAMIC), the NAMIC Foundation, and the T. Howard Foundation.