The Robbins Center
The Robbins Center Video
Located on the campus of Emerson College in the heart of Boston, the Robbins Speech, Language and Hearing Center provides a supportive environment where clients and their families learn to overcome a variety of communication disorders and differences.
Since opening in 1953, the Robbins Center has provided evaluation and treatment for children and adults with communication problems as well as educational programs for family members and caregivers. The Center is also the primary clinical training facility associated with the nationally respected Emerson College Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders.
Specialty Programs of the Robbins Center
- The Program for Acquired Communication Disorders addresses problems due to brain injury such as head trauma, stroke, and Parkinson’s disease.
- The Program for Developmental Communication Disorders is dedicated to the treatment of such disorders as language delay, articulation problems, autism spectrum disorders, and more general developmental delays.
- The Program for Speech Improvement focuses on issues related to voice, fluency (including stuttering), and foreign accent.
- The Thayer Lindsley Program for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Infants and Toddlers provides group and individual services to young children and their families.
- Affiliated Specialty Programs capitalize on the expertise of clinicians and educators from other Boston area institutions and facilities of the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Emerson College.
The Robbins Center
Fees for services are modest given the high level of care. Individual treatment currently costs $30 per session and an evaluation is $175. For persons unable to afford services, a payment plan or reduced fee schedule may be considered.
The Center’s state-of-the-art clinic is located on the 7th and 8th floors of 216 Tremont Street and is open Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. The Center is conveniently located in the Theatre District near the MBTA’s Orange and Green lines, and near routes I-90 and I-93. Subsidized parking is available directly behind the building.
The reception desk is located on the 7th floor and can be reached by phone at 617-824-8323 or by email at Robbins_Center@emerson.edu.
Referrals may be made to the Robbins Speech, Language, and Hearing Center from many sources including family members, friends, hospital staff, rehabilitation personnel, physicians, early intervention programs, schools, etc.
To make a referral or to learn more about our clinical services, contact the center by email at email@example.com or call 617-824-8323.
The Robbins Center evaluates and treats children and adults regardless of income, race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
A student helps a child at the Robbins Center
Learn more about the Robbins Speech, Language and Hearing Center from clinical faculty, clients and graduate students