Sustainability at Emerson
Our vision: Build and operate a stronger, healthier and more sustainable campus community.
Emerson College is committed to reducing its carbon footprint and reaching climate neutrality, promoting local and global environmental education and awareness, and institutionalizing sustainability into the fabric of the College community.
With the support of the College, the Office of Sustainability continuously works to:
Improve the sustainability of new and existing operations
- Green building construction and maintenance
- Energy efficiency and sustainable sourcing
- Waste reduction
- Water use
- Campus dining services
Measure Emerson’s progress toward commitments
- ACUPCC Presidents' Climate Commitment
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE)
- EPA's Green Power Partnership
- Broadway Green Alliance
Integrate sustainability awareness into coursework and student life
- Sustainability courses
- Earth Emerson student group
- Emerson Peace and Social Justice student group
Enhance Emerson's reputation as a local and national sustainability leader
- Emerson ranks No. 23 on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA's) Top 30 College & University list of the largest green power use for 2015.