Reserving a Space
To reserve a space, current students, faculty, and staff members may use the "one-stop shopping" Function Room Reservation Service, which operates through the Facilities Knowledge Center (FKC). The service, commonly identified as “Facilities Services,” is an outsourced, off-campus 24/7 operation staffed by FKC customer service representatives.
Placing a Reservation
- Review the Rooms, Availability, Rental Rates, Setup Options, and Use guidelines to be sure you are requesting the appropriate room.
- Call FKC at x8880 (on campus or 1-866-585-4520 from off campus [toll free]).
- Be prepared to provide the customer service representative with all of the following information to ensure your request is accurate and complete:
- Your name and phone number
- Contact person name and phone number (if different)
- Department or organization name
- Account number
- Room requested
- Function day and date
- Function start and end time
- Room reservation start and end time
- Title and description of the function
- Number of persons attending (cannot exceed the listed room and setup capacity.)
- Type of room setup requested
- Catering: (yes/no and type, if yes)
- Audio/Visual–Media Services Required: (yes/no and type, if yes)
Reservation Requirements and Restrictions
- College-recognized departments, organizations, student organizations, and management-approved non-Emerson organizations are allowed to reserve and rent function space. Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis. Non-Emerson organizations must be directly affiliated with the College.
All reservation requests must be submitted in advance:
No fewer than seven (7) business days in advance of date requested for catered functions.
No fewer than two (2) business days in advance of date requested for non-catered functions.
No fewer than 48 hours in advance for “Promo Tables.”
- All reservations must be complete no fewer than seven (7) business days before the date of the function. Management reserves the right to deny any reservation that is incomplete with information missing beyond that time.
- A two-hour interval between reservations for a function room is required for Facility Management and Property Management maintenance and preparation of the space for scheduled functions. Customer service representatives cannot waive this requirement.
- The 16-digit department or organization account number is required to reserve a room. FKC customer service representatives are instructed not to accept reservation requests without this number being provided. Student organizations who do not have their account number should contact the Office of Student Life at 617-824-8680.
- The reservation work order is a request, not a confirmation of the reservation. The request is confirmed only if you do not receive a cancellation within 2 to 5 business days from the work order issue date. If there is a problem or question concerning your reservation, management will try to contact you within 2 to 5 business days after you place the request. This does not guarantee that a problem or question affecting the reservation will not arise at a later date.
- Recognized student organizations may reserve function rooms at no charge, provided no conflicting request from a paying user is received two weeks or more prior to the date requested. Should a conflicting request be received, the student organization will have the option of paying the room rate or relinquishing the reservation.
- All functions, unless otherwise waived, are subject to room rental fees. Academic function room use will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis to determine if the rental fee is appropriate.
- Function rooms, including dining rooms, auditoriums, as well as classrooms, seminar rooms, and lecture halls cannot be used for performance, dance, or activities contrary to the normal and intended use of the space and/or which in the judgment of management are inappropriate for the space. Requests for playing music (live or pre-recorded) will be handled on a case-by-case basis and must be approved in advance by the management.
- Management reserves the right to deny use of the space requested if, in its judgment, the use is inappropriate for the space and/or likely to result in policy, rules, and/or guideline violations.
- Cancellations: Two (2) business days' advance notice is required to cancel a function room reservation without incurring rental or service charges. Cancellation of any function fewer than two (2) business days prior to its start time is billable in full to the requesting department or organization.
- Rooms must be vacated no later than 30 minutes after the end of the reservation period. Extended use of a reserved room is not permitted without management approval and will incur additional cost if approved. Users are asked to dispose of all disposable catering materials and trash prior to vacating the room.
- The user is financially responsible for any damage or excessive cleaning that may be required. For functions not catered by ARAMARK, the user is responsible for the cleanup of the room after use and will be subject to a $25 minimum charge if the room is not left in satisfactory condition.
- All users must adhere to the Emerson College Alcohol and Other Drug Policy and associated procedures. This policy is detailed in the Emerson College Student Handbook and as published by the Department of Human Resources.
- Departments and individuals sponsoring events should notify the Office of Communications and Marketing whenever their events include celebrity guests and/or topics likely to be of interest to the College community at large and/or outside news media. Event sponsors should notify the Emerson Police Department whenever they anticipate having audiences that could meet or exceed room capacity and when any other potential safety or security issues arise.
Rotch Field/Playground: 617-654-0898
Office: Walker Building, 120 Boylston St., 4th floor, Room 408