In accordance with the federal Clery and Campus SaVE Acts, Emerson College commits to providing all current and prospective students and employees with access to annual campus security reports for each of our campuses.
By October 1, each year, Emerson publishes a campus security report for Boston, Los Angeles, and Kasteel Well, Netherlands, in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act.
This federal law requires institutions to publish an annual report including crime statistics for the prior three years, policy statements regarding safety and security measures, campus crime prevention program descriptions, and procedures to be followed in the investigation and prosecution of alleged sex offenses. The Clery Act also requires universities to keep an up-to-date crime log, to issue timely warnings in the event of a crime threatening the safety of students or employees, and to keep accurate crime statistics.
View the annual Clery Reports for Emerson's campuses for October 2013:
Emergency Line: 617-824-8888
Business Line (non-emergency requests and information): 617-824-8555
Security is everyone's responsibility at Emerson. These steps can help ensure your own safety and the safety of others:
1. Carry your student ID at all times and cooperate with College officials asking you to identify yourself.
2. When walking after dark, use the "buddy system." Stay on main streets with good lighting and pedestrian traffic.
3. Report all suspicious activity on Emerson property to the Police Department at 617-824-8555.
4. Do not invite unfamiliar individuals into campus facilities.
5. When entering and exiting a campus facility, secure the door behind you and follow check-in and check-out procedures.
6. Immediately report all incidents of theft, intrusion, or physical harm to the Police Department.
7. The MBTA provides safe and reliable service from 5:30 am to 12:30 am daily. To check routes and maps, visit www.mbta.com.