Learn the art of political influence while advancing your career with Emerson’s Political Communication Certificate. Combine your existing knowledge with political-specific communication skills to take your career to the next level.
Throughout your course of study, you will learn key skills, including:
- Campaign leadership strategies
- Audience analysis pertaining to specific publics
- Developing speeches and online content as integral to strategic messaging campaigns
- Understanding the importance of campaign strategies and tactics as these pertaining to specific publics
- Crisis communication
- Strategic messaging targeting publics through traditional communication channels, digital communication assets, and social media platforms
- Developing research skills in polling, focus groups, and surveys
- Formulating and delivering political narratives and storytelling utilizing traditional and emerging social media
The Political Communication Certificate is designed for working professionals, with courses offered in the evening. Once the certificate is complete, you may apply these credits towards completing Emerson’s Political Communication Master’s program.