All currently enrolled students & student organizations must have their fliers reviewed and approved for posting. All hard-copy postings must have an official Student Engagement & Leadership (SEAL) Approval Stamp. Student organizations are strongly encouraged to show posters to their advisors prior to obtaining a registration stamp.
Campus Departments & Academic Departments do not need to have hard-copy postings approved by the Office of Student Engagement & Leadership. All departmental postings must clearly display the sponsoring department and must be taken down 3 weeks after posting.
To obtain a registration stamp:
- An original poster or flyer must be brought to the Campus Life Suite, 120 Boylston Street, 4th floor, at least 24 hours before the flyer/poster is to be posted or placed.
- Individuals and groups may not post or place any flyer or notice without the original copy being stamped. Unregistered postings will be removed and violations issued.
- All registered flyers/posters will receive an approval sticker with a designation that denotes the end posting date. Flyers/posters will be approved for up to 3 weeks of posting. Groups may copy that flyer for more general distribution. Poster registration does not imply College endorsement.
- Student/student organizations are expected to remove their notices when their event has passed.
- Alterations to an approved poster are considered unapproved. You must bring your flyer to Campus Life for re-approval.
- All flyers must have an Emerson College email address displayed in order to be approved.
- All flyers advertising a fundraiser or donations solicitation must have an approved Fundraising Form on file with the Office of Student Engagement & Leadership before the poster may be stamped for approval.
- All flyers advertising an event hosted by a recognized student organization in an off-campus location must have a signed contract on file before the posting may be approved. For non-SGA recognized individuals and organizations, they must additionally show proof of liability insurance before the posting may be approved.
Campus Posting Areas
- Postings of signs, flyers, advertisements, and other materials are permitted on authorized bulletin boards only. All other postings will be removed and violations issued.
- Questions about a specific building posting policy may be directed to Property Management or the following as appropriate:
- Campus Center: Director of the Campus Center
- Student Performance Center: Director of the Campus Center
- Residence Halls: Residence Director
- No postings may be placed in elevators, on fire escapes, walls, doors, windows, bathroom stalls, mirrors, fences, lampposts, or trees.
- Postings, flyers, advertisements, and other notices are not permitted to be slipped under or placed on residence hall room doors without approval of the associate dean/director of housing and residence life.
- Postings on the outside of any Emerson-owned or -rented property is prohibited.
- No postings may be placed or distributed that promote a party or event where students under the legal drinking age are likely to be served or obtain alcoholic beverages.
- No postings may be placed or distributed that allude to, depict, promote, invite, or encourage alcohol or other illegal drug consumption.
- No postings may be placed or distributed for non–College sponsored events at which alcohol will be served or consumed.
- No postings for non–Emerson related events and activities will be approved for posting.
- Non–Emerson related events and activities are encouraged to purchase advertising space in The Berkeley Beacon and/or other appropriate publications.
- If an Emerson-related event is to take place on property under the jurisdiction of a governmental entity, such as city, state or federal institution, a permit must be obtained through the Office of Government and Community Relations. Proof of a permit must be submitted before a poster will be approved in Campus Life.
- If an Emerson organization wishes to reference or credit a non-Emerson entity, a formal contract outlining the relationship will be required before a flyer may be approved. The Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs must review and approve all contracts.
Please note: Failure to abide by these policies may lead to loss of posting privileges, College recognition, and/or disciplinary action from the College.
The following is a list of authorized bulletin board spaces on campus and are the ONLY places approved for campus postings:
2 Boylston Place Residence Hall (2 Boylston Place)
- Lobby - 1 bulletin board
Ansin Building (180 Tremont Street)
- 13th Floor – 1 bulletin board in between elevators
- 12th Floor – 1 bulletin board in between elevators
- 11th Floor – 1 bulletin board in between elevators
- 10th Floor – 1 bulletin board in between elevators
- 9th Floor – 1 bulletin board in between elevators
- 8th Floor – 1 bulletin board in between elevators
- 7th Floor - 1 bulletin board in between elevators
- 6th Floor – 2 bulletin boards (1 by elevators, the other off to the right)
- 5th Floor – 3 bulletin boards (1 by elevators, the others off to the left and right)
- 4th Floor – 2 bulletin boards (1 by elevator, the other is off to the right)
- 3rd Floor – 1 bulletin board by elevator
- 2nd Floor – 1 bulletin board by elevator
- Lower Level - 1 bulletin board in between elevators
Dining Center Stage
- Stage - 1 bulletin board
Piano Row (150 Boylston Street)
- Lower Level 1 – Bulletin Boards everywhere (approximately 5 or 6)
Tufte Performance and Production Center (10 Boylston Place)
- 11th Floor – 1 bulletin board (It is through the door in front of elevators)
- 9th Floor – 1 bulletin board
- 8th Floor – 1 bulletin board (Towards end of the hallway)
Union Bank Building (216 Tremont Street)
- 6th Floor – 2 bulletin boards-Career Development Center, ASK to post-Academic Advising 5th Floor – 2 bulletin boards
- 3rd Floor – 1 bulletin board immediately left out of elevator
- 2nd Floor – Small bulletin board by elevators
- M Floor – Small bulletin board next to classroom
Walker (120 Boylston Street)
- 6th Floor – 2 bulletin boards
- 5th Floor – 5 bulletin boards (Library Study rooms, and 2 towards the TPPC)
- 4th Floor – 3 bulletin boards
- 3rd Floor – 1 bulletin board