Parent and Family Programs
Welcome to the Emerson College family!
The mission of Parent and Family Programs is to provide an intentional and purposeful link between Emerson College and the family members of students to contribute to student success through partnership, collaboration and communication.
To achieve this mission, Parent and Family Programs will:
- Provide family members with resources and information to help guide their student in developing self-advocacy skills in accessing institutional resources
- Support the continually evolving role of family members as it pertains to their student’s success
- Recognize the attributes of diversity and inclusion as core values
- Value the individual student’s definition of family
- Provide opportunities for family members to network with each other and form connections
- Provide family-focused events that give opportunities to be a part of campus life and become engaged with the overall Emerson experience
- Represent family perspectives in the college community
- Serve as a primary resource for family members in person and online, through the use of social media, newsletters, and other communication outlets
- Connect families to engagement opportunities for families across the institution
- Assist family members during crises
- Foster development of lifelong affinity with Emerson College.
How you can become involved:
- Become a Family Ambassador, working with the Parent and Family Programs on outreach and recruitment efforts
- Join the Emerson Connections, Emerson Connections is an online networking directory, linking Emerson students and alumni to career professionals who are interested in facilitating networking relationships to share knowledge and form industry connections.
- Attend Emerson events around the country.
To learn more about Parent and Family Programs and the different ways to connect with us, email email@example.com or call 617-824-8561.